Windows 10: PC doesnt boot after Windows update

Discus and support PC doesnt boot after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a custom built PC with Win 10. Ever since version 2004 came out i have had trouble with windows. When i installed that update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Goran Franjkovic, Mar 31, 2021.

1. PC doesnt boot after Windows update

Hello everyone,

I have a custom built PC with Win 10. Ever since version 2004 came out i have had trouble with windows. When i installed that update few months ago my pc wouldnt boot up. Now that 20h2 is out i thought maybe something changed. I installed that update last night but my pc still wouldnt boot up. I tried doing sfc, memtest, chkdisk etc but everything is fine and there are no problems. Another thing is i've read that people did a clean install but still the same thing happened to them. What should i do and is there a solution to this ? Thanx

:)

Goran Franjkovic, Mar 31, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Mar 31, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

PC doesnt boot after Windows update

Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

Hi, to clean install Windows you need to create a bootable flash drive or other medium from which to boot your PC. That's covered at Step 1 of the tutorial shown below (Clean Install..)

Windows 10 Tutorial Index
    - searchable list of tutorials - search that page for
    clean install
    and you will see this as 2nd link found
    Clean Install Windows 10

At step 13/14 you have the option presented to you where you can delete existing partitions.

Note: some suggest- as you have a desktop- physically disconnecting other drives just to ensure Windows is installed exclusively on the one drive.

dalchina, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

PC doesnt boot after Windows update

1. PC doesnt boot after Windows update - Similar Threads - doesnt boot update

2. Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset: My pc has suddenly been refusing to open windows after failing to reset. The gigabyte logo shows & my keyboard powers on but then dissapears along with my keyboardI can enter BIOS...
  3. Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset: My pc has suddenly been refusing to open windows after failing to reset. The gigabyte logo shows & my keyboard powers on but then dissapears along with my keyboardI can enter BIOS...
  4. Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC not booting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not booting after Windows update: I just set my PC to install the latest update and shut down.After a while I returned to find a black screen with:"Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"My PC was working fine and booting correctly before this update.I...
  6. PC not booting after Windows update

PC not booting after Windows update: I just set my PC to install the latest update and shut down.After a while I returned to find a black screen with:"Reboot and Select proper Boot deviceor Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"My PC was working fine and booting correctly before this update.I...
  7. PC not booting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. PC Not Booting After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Not Booting After Update: HiI installed a windows update yesterday and my PC will not boot since.It takes me to the repair options but none of them work. I have tried auto repair, uninstall last updates both options but do not work. Can't get past the repair options.Any suggestions?...
  9. PC Not Booting After Update

PC Not Booting After Update: HiI installed a windows update yesterday and my PC will not boot since.It takes me to the repair options but none of them work. I have tried auto repair, uninstall last updates both options but do not work. Can't get past the repair options.Any suggestions?...
  10. PC not booting after an update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC not booting after an update: I been running 10 for about a week and this morning it rebooted for an update. Now I have message" reboot and select proper boot device or insert media in selected boot device and press any key" *Sad I tried the Windows 10 dvd I made but all it seems to do is install...