Windows 10: PC doesn't boot.

Discus and support PC doesn't boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My son recently turned his pc on after it had been off for a while, it was working fine when he shut it down but now it doesn't boot. It posts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fornost, May 19, 2020 at 3:52 PM.

1. fornost Win User

PC doesn't boot.

My son recently turned his pc on after it had been off for a while, it was working fine when he shut it down but now it doesn't boot. It posts and then it's just the balls going round in a circle endlessly for hours.

It won't Start in safe mode, system restore does not work and full reset cancels itself and reloads old files at 6%, if I set it to save files it goes to 58% before it quits. In troubleshooting I got a notification of a fault at C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srt trail.txt. I googled this and found some fixes, unfortunately they didn't fix this.

It looks like I need to reload windows, unless somebody can come up with something.

Thanks for any help.

:)

2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PC doesn't boot. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

4. BetoLP Win User

PC doesn't boot.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

PC doesn't boot. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

Thema:

PC doesn't boot.

1. PC doesn't boot. - Similar Threads - doesn't boot

2. Laptop doesn't boot with 2 hard drives installed after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop doesn't boot with 2 hard drives installed after latest update: Hello, I am new here, but I've seen some helpful responses to other issues I've found through Google, so I thought I'll give this a shot. So I decided to finally migrate to Windows 10 in January, since Windows 7 support stopped. I bought myself a new SSD drive to use...
  3. Windows doesn't boot after BSOD and and possible data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows doesn't boot after BSOD and and possible data loss: I had many BSODses in last few months more details here where you can also find my system information, initially very often many times per day, but later "only" few times per week. Because of that, I thought it was partly fixed. However, today I got another BSOD stop code:...
  4. LAPTOP DOESN'T BOOT UP

in Windows 10 Customization
    LAPTOP DOESN'T BOOT UP: My one laptop does not want to boot up, the screen stays black. Windows 10 is loaded. Please help me to create an bootable disk for Windows 10 on another laptop. I think it is the home edition....
  5. Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ny0l92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g50o2l/doesnt_recognise_boot_file_in_the_usb_stick/
  6. Windows 10 doesn't boot after selecting original boot option in advance boot options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after selecting original boot option in advance boot options: My PC was running normal but then after I selected the original boot option in the advanced boot options then it requested me to restart my PC after which it is unable to boot and goes on in a loop of automatic repairs I have tried troubleshooting but that doesn't work , I...
  7. Selecting the Windows 10 USB stick from the boot menu doesn't work any help?

Selecting the Windows 10 USB stick from the boot menu doesn't work any help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Xazmah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvmzvo/selecting_the_windows_10_usb_stick_from_the_boot/
  8. Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following...

Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nfshp253 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fihgvi/windows_10_doesnt_boot_trying_to_repair_it_using/
  9. Windows Installation USB just boots to Windows desktop doesn't start installation process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installation USB just boots to Windows desktop doesn't start installation process: I'm trying to upgrade to larger SSD for Windows. I've downloaded the media creation tool, created my media on a 16GB USB and whenever I restart and select the USB as the boot disk, it fails to load an installer and instead just boots Windows 10 directly from the USB drive....
  10. How to dual boot a computer that doesn't support booting from a usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot a computer that doesn't support booting from a usb: I have an Acer Nitro 7 with windows 10 and I want to dual boot it with windows 8.1 because of a compatibility issue with a program. But the motherboard doesn't support booting from a usb and it doesn't have a cd drive. Are there any alternative ways....