Windows 10: PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

Discus and support PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The other day when I was turning on my computer, I saw that it is not connected to the internet by wifi. I went to network settings and it seemed like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EminKapetanovic, Nov 18, 2018.

1. PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

The other day when I was turning on my computer, I saw that it is not connected to the internet by wifi. I went to network settings and it seemed like computer thinks it doesn't support wifi, just wired internet. I opened device manager and there was no wifi under network adapters tab. There is no wifi switch on my computer and I don't remember if some update was installed on pc before this issue. Any help is very much appreciated!

:)

EminKapetanovic, Nov 18, 2018

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 18, 2018
  4. thls87 Win User

PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

MSI X1800XL doesn´t start.. =(

Didn´t work...*Oh Well PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter :eek:hwell:

It says ''Adapter not found''

I tried with ATIFLASH and FLASHROM...

Both doesn´t recognize the card =/

What should I do??

Garbage? *Cry :cry: *Cry :cry: *Cry :cry:

thls87, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

1. PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize wifi

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't: Recently I bought a USB WiFi adapter tp-link AC1300 Mini Wireless and I plugged it on my desktop, but the connection is so weak. In my laptop the internet works fine but on my desktop it's very slow and sometimes doesn't even work at all. I updated the driver and it still...
  5. WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't: Recently I bought a USB WiFi adapter tp-link AC1300 Mini Wireless and I plugged it on my desktop, but the connection is so weak. In my laptop the internet works fine but on my desktop it's very slow and sometimes doesn't even work at all. I updated the driver and it still...
  6. It says my pc doesn’t recognize a wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It says my pc doesn’t recognize a wifi adapter: So for Christmas I got a pc that my uncle originally had so I had to factory reset it, while his account was still on there I could connector wifi, after I factory reset it and I went through the set up it only gave me the option to connect with a ethonet cable no wifi...
  7. USB wifi adapter not recognized as one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi adapter not recognized as one: I have recently made a new gaming rig and to save money I didn't activate windows and decided to use an old wifi adapter but it wasn't recognized as a adapter but as a "Other Devices" Is there a solution or do I have to buy a new adapter?...
  8. Pc doesn't recognize smart tv on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc doesn't recognize smart tv on network: My desktop is connected to frontier internet. Phone line connects to netgear 7550 modem/router. Ethernet cable goes from 7550 modem to pc. My pc works fine, only slow because of poor frontier internet. Another ethernet cable goes from 7550 modem to lan input on panasonic...
  9. WIFI adapter not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI adapter not recognized: I tried upgrading WIFI on an old Lenovo 3000 N200, by adding Intel AX200NGW, an adapter like this and antenna adapters. Also flashed a BIOS with supposedly whitelist check removed. Now, in Windows 10 32bit, I get in Control Panel 2 unrecognized entries, but Windows would not...
  10. Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore?: My hp envy (I think) laptop was running with wifi until randomly there was a crash restarted, I think correlating with an update, and now It doesn't recognize any wifi networks; in the control panel it doesn't even show an option to enable or disable wifi, only ethernet,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why dont i have a wifi network adapter

2. windows doesnt recognize wifi adapter