Windows 10: Pc doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet cable or is unable to connect to my router

Discus and support Pc doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet cable or is unable to connect to my router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In summary, I had problems with Ipv6 connectivity, so I followed a guide online to fix it, it told me to use "netsh winsock reset" and restart, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BaronOf-PC-Problems, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Pc doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet cable or is unable to connect to my router

In summary, I had problems with Ipv6 connectivity, so I followed a guide online to fix it, it told me to use "netsh winsock reset" and restart, so I did that and now it is even worse, PC says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged it is plugged, and every try to ping the router failed.

I have tried messing with the drivers, using various commands in the command prompt to reset the IP or whatever I just found those online, nothing works, every other device is fine.

:)

BaronOf-PC-Problems, Jul 13, 2020

2. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Jul 13, 2020
  3. If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up with my network connetions?

I f my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up with mynetwork connections?

plowenthal, Jul 13, 2020
  4. JBG123 Win User

Pc doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet cable or is unable to connect to my router

Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Their is only one phone jack where a modem can be placed in our house and it is to complicated to get Ethernet from the modem up to my computer. I can still connect with wireless internet but I want to be able to use Ethernet. The modem is a all in one (router+modem). If I buy a router and place it in my room can it connect to the all in one modem without using a phone jack (Just plugging it into the power outlet) alowing me to connect the router to the PC using Ethernet?

JBG123, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Pc doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet cable or is unable to connect to my router

1. Pc doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet cable or is unable to connect to my router - Similar Threads - doesn't seem recognize

2. Ethernet cable doesn't connect to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable doesn't connect to pc: My ethernet cable that is fine and works properly with other laptops will not connect to my pc which I had just bought and restarted. The person I bought it from had his ethernet work completely fine no problems, but now I can't seem to get a connection through. The drivers...
  3. Ethernet cable doesn't connect to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable doesn't connect to pc: My ethernet cable that is fine and works properly with other laptops will not connect to my pc which I had just bought and restarted. The person I bought it from had his ethernet work completely fine no problems, but now I can't seem to get a connection through. The drivers...
  4. Ethernet cable doesn't connect to pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to recognize ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recognize ethernet cable: My computer just suddenly stopped recognizing my ethernet cable. It does not have a wifi card so it is completely offline. I have tried swapping cables, updating drivers, uninstalling old updates, resetting network settings, scanning for viruses and everything else I could...
  6. Unable to recognize ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recognize ethernet cable: My computer just suddenly stopped recognizing my ethernet cable. It does not have a wifi card so it is completely offline. I have tried swapping cables, updating drivers, uninstalling old updates, resetting network settings, scanning for viruses and everything else I could...
  7. Unable to recognize ethernet cable

8. ethernet cable not recognized?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ethernet cable not recognized?: i just got back from a trip and when i turned my pc on (i didn’t take it with me on the trip) it won’t connect to the internet. i’ve been wired for well over a year and never really had an issue and nobody had powered on my pc or touched it while i was gone so i’m confused as...
  9. PC Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable: submitted by /u/DreiVinci [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpkqiw/pc_wont_recognize_ethernet_cable/
  10. If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...

If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...: I f my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up with mynetwork connections? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-my-pc-is-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable/bc8a491d-71e4-41a7-b177-49a47718311f