Windows 10: PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

Discus and support PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Naoda, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Naoda Win User

PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still on. I then had to force shutdown by powering it off. The pc works fine, it’s just the shutting down part. Can anyone help me?

:)

Naoda, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Carbo Win User

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Can't shut down since recent update

Hi,

This problem that you currently encountered may have something to do with your computer's power management. For us to isolate and address this problem, we suggest running the Power troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the Cortana search window.
    • Click View all in the left pane.
    • Look for Power, click it, and hit Next.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

In case the issue persists after running the Power troubleshooter, please verify if pressing the power button is set to shut down your PC. Go to
    Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do. Make sure it is set to
    Shut down and then save the changes.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 26, 2018
  4. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

PC wont shut down fully

By what Nammy states, its built into the PSU.

If you hit the power to shut down, wait a few seconds, does it fully shut down?

sneekypeet, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

1. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down. - Similar Threads - doesn’t shut down

2. pc is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc is not shutting down: pc is not getting shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-shutting-down/806eccae-d70f-462d-842a-718ffe0f42cd
  3. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/martin_m_n_novy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwclnn/shutting_down_doesnt_fully_shut_down_windows_10/
  4. shut down of PC

shut down of PC: My laptop has started automatically shutting down after a short while of inactivity. What's causing that? What settings do I need to change to have it go to sleep instead?...
  5. PC is shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is shutting down: My pc is shutting down many times a day and I go to reliability monitor and it says "hardware error" my problem event name is LiveKernalEvent and the code is 141, The locale ID is 1033. every time i open a video game it takes about 2 minutes then it shuts down, please help....
  6. PC shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down: Hello, Can't remember when this started, but the PC shuts down randomly. Power does not cut off, Windows behaves as if it was told to shut down. Happens once a month/two mounts. Don't believe there is a overheating issue. Sleep/hibernate are disabled. It's a desktop....
  7. My laptop doesn’t shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop doesn’t shut down: My laptop Doesn't shut down on windows 10. When i command shut down the keyboard light (specially wifi key light) stays on and sometimes the hdd runs (i feel some smooth vibration) But on windows 8.1/linux the laptop shuts down perfectly ‍♀ submitted by /u/desperatedudee...
  8. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): Ok so I'll try to clarify as much as I can. When I ''Shut down'' either I'm holding ''Shift'' or not. It signs out but I can Still hear fan and Power Led is on, even after couple of hours... it can goup to 12... For Shutting it down Completely, I have to hold Power Button...
  9. Pc will not shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc will not shut down: Hello! I have virtually a new pc, it's running Windows 10. The problem is I cannot shut it down. I click start, then the power button , then shut down. The message on the screen says shutting down, then it restarts. Must be setting somewhere. Cheers,...
  10. PC is not shutting down

PC is not shutting down: i have windows 10 and hp elitbook 8460p laptop but when i am clicking on shutdown or hibernate the screen goes black and black forever. until my laptop battery come empty, i also changed windows but now in this windows first some times it shut down, but now it is also not...