Windows 10: PC doesn't sleep even after I press 'Sleep' on start. Help

Discus and support PC doesn't sleep even after I press 'Sleep' on start. Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After pressing 'Sleep' from the start, the display immediately goes black and nothing happens, it basically just only turns off the display and does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/paramaherath, Jan 1, 2021.

1. PC doesn't sleep even after I press 'Sleep' on start. Help

After pressing 'Sleep' from the start, the display immediately goes black and nothing happens, it basically just only turns off the display and does not go into sleep mode.

And the display remains off till I move my mouse, where I can see the start again, right where I stopped before pressing sleep.

This doesn't happen always, but 80% of the time this is how it goes.

When it does sleep tho, theres no issues of it ever waking up by itself or whatsoever.

Running on Windows 10 20H2, but this behavior was present when I was on 20H1 too.

Any fix appereciated.

submitted by /u/paramaherath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/paramaherath, Jan 1, 2021

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

PC doesn't sleep even after I press 'Sleep' on start. Help

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

It was enabled *Big Grin PC doesn't sleep even after I press 'Sleep' on start. Help :D

So, when i go to start - shutdown and press Sleep is it in Hybrid sleep mode instead sleep?

Knoxx29, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

PC doesn't sleep even after I press 'Sleep' on start. Help

1. PC doesn't sleep even after I press 'Sleep' on start. Help - Similar Threads - doesn't sleep press

2. When I manually press sleep it doesn't fully work.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I manually press sleep it doesn't fully work.: So normally when you choose sleep option it should turn off the monitors and the computer. Recently it only turns off the monitor but the computer itself is still running rgb lights, fans. I checked to see if I have the hardware option selected where it will wake the computer...
  3. When I manually press sleep it doesn't fully work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I manually press sleep it doesn't fully work.: So normally when you choose sleep option it should turn off the monitors and the computer. Recently it only turns off the monitor but the computer itself is still running rgb lights, fans. I checked to see if I have the hardware option selected where it will wake the computer...
  4. When I manually press sleep it doesn't fully work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 unable to sleep even when pressing sleep button or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to sleep even when pressing sleep button or closing the lid: So, currently I'm experiencing a problem that my PC is unable to sleep with peripherals attached. It even stays on despite closing the lid. If someone could help me out with this, I'd be really grateful, as I can't seem to figure it out myself.So, I'm running a Surface Laptop...
  6. Windows 11 unable to sleep even when pressing sleep button or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 unable to sleep even when pressing sleep button or closing the lid: So, currently I'm experiencing a problem that my PC is unable to sleep with peripherals attached. It even stays on despite closing the lid. If someone could help me out with this, I'd be really grateful, as I can't seem to figure it out myself.So, I'm running a Surface Laptop...
  7. PC Doesn't Go To Sleep

PC Doesn't Go To Sleep: Hello,I have a windows 10. I'm having issues where my computer doesn't go to sleep for the second time. Let me explain, when my computer is turned on and then I put it to sleep, it does go to sleep. However, when I wake my computer back on and then put it back to sleep again,...
  8. !! Help !! URGENT !! PC doesn't wake after going to Sleep Mode

!! Help !! URGENT !! PC doesn't wake after going to Sleep Mode: Hello, I applied these settings before the problem - Pressing the power button pc will go to sleep. And - pressing the sleep button pc will go to sleep. And I have the wireless keyboard and mouse connected with the PC So the problem is PC running properly I...
  9. PC sleep doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC sleep doesn't work properly: Hi guys I face a very strange problem in my pc: when I have some open apps and I sleep my pc, when I press a key and it wakes it up, it takes too long to come back to desktop and all of my apps was closed!!! I install different version of Windows from 7 to 10 and this...
  10. PC fan doesn't stop after sleep by pressing power button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC fan doesn't stop after sleep by pressing power button: So usually when you sleep by pressing the power button the fan should stop and not be wokring butt for some reason it doesn't. if i try to reopen the pc and close it again it usually will stop though submitted by /u/Hedts [link] [comments]...