Windows 10: PC doesnt start after Reset

Discus and support PC doesnt start after Reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to do a full reset, windows asked me if i wanted to install windows via cloud or locally, i picked cloud. After that it downloaded windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SKl27, Dec 2, 2020.

1. SKl27 Win User

PC doesnt start after Reset

I tried to do a full reset, windows asked me if i wanted to install windows via cloud or locally, i picked cloud.

After that it downloaded windows 10 again and then tried to restart my pc.

My display turned completely off but my pc was still running.

I left it like that for 2-3hrs and my display was still turned off, when i tried to turn it on again it would go back to sleep mode again.

I then made the mistake of turning off my computer.

Now whenever it starts my screen turns on again but its black, after restarting it multiple times i saw the "Windows is installing - 9%"

This only lasted for about a minute, after that it went back to the black screen.

However i noticed that my cursor is still there.

Its far to the left of the screen, as if it was on a second monitor, im only using one though.

I checked if my hard drive LED is blinking in case its installing in the background.

It IS blinking a lot during startup but gets slower and slower.

At some point it just stops blinking for a while.

I also tried to enter the BIOS in order to boot windows from an usb but whenever i press the necessary key my display just stays off.

Im pretty sure that none of my hardware is broken as everything was working normally until i decided to do that reset.

:)

SKl27, Dec 2, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 2, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 2, 2020
  4. PC doesnt start after Reset

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

PC doesnt start after Reset

1. PC doesnt start after Reset - Similar Threads - doesnt start Reset

2. Pc not starting after reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not starting after reseting: I reseted my pc from windows and after all the process was completed i restarted my pc and i get blocked in user preview loading screen , after that i runed my pc into safe mode , it opens but the windows is staying in black screen and showing me this 1 milisecond after every...
  3. Pc not starting after reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not starting after reseting: I reseted my pc from windows and after all the process was completed i restarted my pc and i get blocked in user preview loading screen , after that i runed my pc into safe mode , it opens but the windows is staying in black screen and showing me this 1 milisecond after every...
  4. Pc not starting after reseting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pc is not starting after reset

Pc is not starting after reset: My pc was not working properly so I off the pc after that when I turn on it, It was ato repairing the pc. I go to the advance option and reset my pc with the option to delete all the files and reinstall windows after reset but after it reset it is not opening and show a...
  6. PC not starting after factory reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not starting after factory reset: Hey, I recently got a new PC and noticed a significant drop in performance from the first night I got it all put together, and the next morning that I got on it, and after talking with some friends they said before anything try factory resetting it since I don't have a lot of...
  7. Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work.

Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work.: About 2 days ago I've encountered a problem with my sound and my start button. Start button has completely stopped working when I left click it. And my sound says there are no Audio Devices Installed when I know that they are actually Installed because I haven't touched...
  8. Resetting PC doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC doesnt work: So im trying to factory reset an older alienware gaming computer, I go through all the right settings and when I initiate the reset, it says its restarting, then the screen goes away and doesnt come back, even though the pc is on, I force shut it down and turned it back on...
  9. Windows doesnt start after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesnt start after sleep mode: Hello, I recently had an update from windows that took some time to install on windows 10. Once the update finished, it seemed to have trouble starting up from the begining as well as from sleep mode. the computer turns on but the display doesn't come up. I have to hard...
  10. PC not starting after resetting it

PC not starting after resetting it: I have reset my pc with windows 10 version it took a whole night to complete the reset and now it is starting over and over again asking for the same basic info...