Windows 10: PC doesn't wake up from sleep

Discus and support PC doesn't wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by itsblippingjbh, Jul 20, 2021.

1. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady instead of flashing, but it won't output a video signal. I'm thinking the issue might be my graphics card, which is an Nvidia GTX 1050Ti. I have the "GeForce Experience" application installed, and I use it to install "Game-Ready Drivers," which could possibly have caused this? I'm thinking that reverting the drivers to t

:)

itsblippingjbh, Jul 20, 2021

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 20, 2021
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 20, 2021
  4. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

PC doesn't wake up from sleep

1. PC doesn't wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - doesn't wake sleep

2. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  3. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  4. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  5. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  6. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Probook doesn't wake up from sleep: I have to keep rebooting it to open again. What's wrong with sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-probook-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep/f27345ca-48b0-4278-b0ff-e462a4f426d7
  8. PC waking up by itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking up by itself from sleep: Since installing the 1903 update (running W10 Pro), I've noticed on several occasions that my PC has turned itself on from sleep... I've done some investigating and found the following is waking up the PC: [img] What is "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" exactly and...
  9. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  10. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....