Windows 10: PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up

Discus and support PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, every time my PC goes into sleep, after I wake it up it doesn't accept any input from mouse or keyboard and therefore isn't usable as not being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ashtonline, Jul 25, 2021.

1. PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up

Hi, every time my PC goes into sleep, after I wake it up it doesn't accept any input from mouse or keyboard and therefore isn't usable as not being able to unlock it.If I turn of hybrid sleep, everything works perfectly fine, but I would like to have the advantage of resuming at the same point as left before in the case of a power outage. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?Thanks in advance.

:)

ashtonline, Jul 25, 2021

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 25, 2021
  4. kobib Win User

PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up

1. PC does't accept input after going to sleep and waking up - Similar Threads - does't accept input

2. Windows 7 does't wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 does't wake from sleep mode: Hello everyone,I have just reinstalled my windows 7a few days ago,But it does not wake up when it goes to sleep mode, not pressing any keys or mouse movement work. Also When I try to power off my computer, it will get RESTARTED after a few minutes. I would appreciate for any...
  3. Windows 7 does't wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 does't wake from sleep mode: Hello everyone,I have just reinstalled my windows 7a few days ago,But it does not wake up when it goes to sleep mode, not pressing any keys or mouse movement work. Also When I try to power off my computer, it will get RESTARTED after a few minutes. I would appreciate for any...
  4. PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once: Hello, my PC won’t go to sleep after I wake it up from sleep once. Seems to have started after I updated my bios version. Tried flashing it back to stock, but haven’t had any luck.Specs:Windows 11 22h232gb Corsair ddr5 5200mhz ram, running at stockRyzen 7700xA few m.2 nvme...
  5. PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won’t go to sleep after waking up once: Hello, my PC won’t go to sleep after I wake it up from sleep once. Seems to have started after I updated my bios version. Tried flashing it back to stock, but haven’t had any luck.Specs:Windows 11 22h232gb Corsair ddr5 5200mhz ram, running at stockRyzen 7700xA few m.2 nvme...
  6. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC never wakes after going to sleep mode: HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1909 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked turned off . then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive . 2 : if...
  7. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

PC never wakes after going to sleep mode: HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1809 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked ( turned off ). then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive . 2 :...
  8. Does't sleep automatically.

Does't sleep automatically.: My windows unable to sleep to automatically. I even set sleep timer of 5 minutes and display off timer to 3 mins, and I also turned off hybrid sleep and also set the timer for hard disk to sleep after 5 minutes.[ATTACH]...
  9. Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep: Novice- talk slow to me please I have turned off all sleep options- and that may solve the problem In my case it may have been an easier resolve if i could figure out where to change monitor setting to VGA I would attempt to wake up CPU shake mouse enter on...
  10. Computer does't go to auto-sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does't go to auto-sleep: Hi, A trick has been proposed on this forum to solve that problem : powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER "srvnet" SYSTEM on an admin command line. My question : what would be the command line that restore the srvnet driver in case the trick is not totally operational?...