Windows 10: pc don´t shut dow, sleep or hibernate

Discus and support pc don´t shut dow, sleep or hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi. when i click on shutdown/hibernate/sleep button in start menu, system performs a log out and screen goes off and nothing else. Fan are working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by catarinaborges, Apr 22, 2020.

1. pc don´t shut dow, sleep or hibernate

hi.

when i click on shutdown/hibernate/sleep button in start menu, system performs a log out and screen goes off and nothing else. Fan are working and led light are on. I waited 30 min but it didn´t shut down. In this state it woke up when touch pad or keyboard used and you face a welcome picture and log in screen. hibernating goes the same way. But that doesn´t work, only sleep and restart button work as expected.

the problem start after i install windows 10 I had Windows 8. I think it´s not from the hardware and I also tried the power energy options and it didn´t work.

My laptop is a HP and I tried install the drivers from Win 8 and automatically installed again the Win10 ones.

Help please?

:)

catarinaborges, Apr 22, 2020
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User

When sleep is grayed out it probably means that you're missing a driver required to do it or rather a device is incapable of going to sleep, but more often than not it's drivers that haven't been installed. I would make sure you're not missing any chipset or something.

Aquinus, Apr 22, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

pc don´t shut dow, sleep or hibernate

You may have a device that is not compatiable with sleep states or it could be a driver causing it... like this one ( Sleep Option greyed out ), that was caused by a generic display driver.

Make sure all your drivers are up to date and all drivers are installed.
    Look in device manager, see if there are any devices that are generic or unknown.

And, here is an explanation of the BIOS ACPI settings --> Difference between S1 (POS) and S3 (STR) standby mode in BIOS?

You might want to start a thread, if you want to get into fixing it.

95Viper, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

pc don´t shut dow, sleep or hibernate

1. pc don´t shut dow, sleep or hibernate - Similar Threads - don´t shut dow

2. Critical Process Died When Shutting Dow the Pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical Process Died When Shutting Dow the Pc: When i try to shut down my pc it says criticsl process died and gether informations then it restarts automatically and on the password screen i shut down again and this time it shuts down properly. it does not cause any other issues but only happens when i shut down....
  3. Critical Process Died When Shutting Dow the Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process Died When Shutting Dow the Pc: When i try to shut down my pc it says criticsl process died and gether informations then it restarts automatically and on the password screen i shut down again and this time it shuts down properly. it does not cause any other issues but only happens when i shut down....
  4. Critical Process Died When Shutting Dow the Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed: Laptop is Acer Predator PH3Q5-53CPU is Intel i5-10300H 2.5GhzRuns Windows 10 Home Version 21H2After getting back my Laptop from ACER Warranty Keyboard replacement, my Laptop now cannot shutdown/sleep/Hibernate without being BSODed 100% of the time. I've updated my windows...
  6. PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed: Laptop is Acer Predator PH3Q5-53CPU is Intel i5-10300H 2.5GhzRuns Windows 10 Home Version 21H2After getting back my Laptop from ACER Warranty Keyboard replacement, my Laptop now cannot shutdown/sleep/Hibernate without being BSODed 100% of the time. I've updated my windows...
  7. PC Shut down/Sleep/Hibernate always get BSODed

8. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  9. usb don,t open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb don,t open: I have a usb that uses a Microsoft 10.0.17134.1 driver is no longer shown in computer and does not display the files. I can do to open the memory. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-dont-open/75fb6dcd-c90e-4a76-a4a8-8fb48188b8d0
  10. Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep: I had problem dual booting win7 and win10. After many attempts I was able to dual boot. But in the process, I deleted "system reserved" partition. So windows want start. I performed start up repair and it solved the problem. After that I reinstalled win7 ultimate which...