Windows 10: PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect

Discus and support PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop drops the full bars WIFI signal and won't reconnect until I reboot. I am using Windows 10. The troubleshooter states there is a network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rockyshores2, Sep 11, 2018.

1. PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect

My laptop drops the full bars WIFI signal and won't reconnect until I reboot.

I am using Windows 10. The troubleshooter states there is a network

cable unplugged. I am using WIFI???

:)

Rockyshores2, Sep 11, 2018

2. Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

I noticed a strange (puzzling!) but extremely interesting phenomenon during a video conference call this morning.

1. The network dropped as usual, at some time during the video call.
    2. But the video call using Zoom.us, *did not drop!*. That's right - the 1 hour of network down time did not affect the Zoom.us video call at at.
    3. But other services, specifically, web browser-based services reported no network. I all my browsers - Chrome, Edge, FF - I could not connect to any websites. Also, I have "pseudo-web apps" running, such as WhatsApp's desktop app (which seems to be a shell around a browser), all of which seemed unable to connect. Google Hangouts could not connect either.
    4. Weirdly, another collaboration desktop app that I used - Slack - was able to *partially connect!*. That is, I was able to send and receive messages on Slack while the network was out for the hour, but Slack *still* reported no network connection (weird!).

It leads me to believe (and I could be wrong), that *some* parts of the network seem to go down and not come back up until they wireless connection is reset. Maybe some ports, like 80/8080/465/587/110/... are being shut down?

Any ideas?

PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect [​IMG]

kunalashar, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

then through that laptop out the window, thank me later

Christoph34, Sep 11, 2018
  4. PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect

Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

From my previous detailed comment (Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums), you might surmise that the problem isn't with the wifi adapter or router.

Also because this laptop is the only one that is behaving this way. Other Windows 7 and Mac laptops and smartphones connected to the same network are fine.

kunalashar, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect

1. PC drops Dropping Network and won't reconnect - Similar Threads - drops Dropping Network

2. Wifi Network suddenly dropped out, has low signal and won't reconnect. Only on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network suddenly dropped out, has low signal and won't reconnect. Only on my PC.: Hello there,My circumstance is pretty specific so bear with me. I have a PC Windows 10 Home, 64 bit version 22H2 in a studio with a bunch of other units, there is free WIFI in the building which has been working fine for years. A few days ago, the network suddenly stop, then...
  3. Wifi Network suddenly dropped out, has low signal and won't reconnect. Only on my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network suddenly dropped out, has low signal and won't reconnect. Only on my PC.: Hello there,My circumstance is pretty specific so bear with me. I have a PC Windows 10 Home, 64 bit version 22H2 in a studio with a bunch of other units, there is free WIFI in the building which has been working fine for years. A few days ago, the network suddenly stop, then...
  4. Wifi Network suddenly dropped out, has low signal and won't reconnect. Only on my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  6. network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  7. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  8. Pc's dropping from network eplorer

Pc's dropping from network eplorer: Hi All I work in a public institution with many windows 10 pc and i have a lot of trouble.The network discovery is completly unpredictable.One day a pc apear in network explorer and the next day don't.I upgraded to 20h2 in hope that they fixed this but nothing.I use Advanced...
  9. Network drops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network drops: Hi. My laptop is up-to date. But whenever I conect to wifi (any network) , it drops or disconnects and can't be reconnected unless I reset wifi settings (esp. when resetted) . It is so annoying when I am working with my laptop. Is there any solution that could help me?...
  10. Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect

Wireless network drops intermittently, needs reset to reconnect: Asus Zenbook, 16GB RAM, Intel i7, Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver version 7.35.317.3. The wifi drops randomly, even when I'm in the middle of using the laptop (it's not idle, sleeping or hibernating). The wifi doesn't re-connect until I disable/re-enable it. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you reconnect to the network when it drops out

2. wifi network dropped wont reconnect reboot needed