Windows 10: PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB

Discus and support PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can i connect my Ethernet cable on My wifi Motherboard? pls answer submitted by /u/IcyLaser [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IcyLaser, Oct 29, 2019.

1. PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB

Can i connect my Ethernet cable on My wifi Motherboard? pls answer

submitted by /u/IcyLaser
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IcyLaser, Oct 29, 2019

2. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Oct 29, 2019
  3. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Oct 29, 2019
  4. LVMan777 Win User

PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Had the same problem with Asus P5K3 deluxe wifi motherboard upgrading to Windows 10...
    Plugged in an Ethernet cable...ok...but no built in wifi
    Next time I "RESTARTED"....voila ....wifi app shows up...and I connected to my router and removed the Ethernet cable...*Cool

LVMan777, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB

1. PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB - Similar Threads - Ethernet Cable Wifi

2. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  3. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  4. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ethernet cable not recognised by the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet cable not recognised by the pc: I changed my motherboard and when connecting the ethernet cable it is not detected. I tried the cable on another device and it work. Also the light are not on when connected to the internet but are when I connect it to another device. I tried to update the driver and it is...
  6. ethernet cable not recognised by the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet cable not recognised by the pc: I changed my motherboard and when connecting the ethernet cable it is not detected. I tried the cable on another device and it work. Also the light are not on when connected to the internet but are when I connect it to another device. I tried to update the driver and it is...
  7. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  8. 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...: What Im trying to do: PC on wifi. TV on ethernet the simple act of plugging in an ethernet cable disables my wifi, regardless of where it goes. On top of that, the cable has a solid or blinking amber link light when connected to my tv, meanwhile network and sharing says it's...
  9. Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OverBakedSOUP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvsgob/windows_no_wifi_ethernet_cable_works/
  10. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable: Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection...