Windows 10: PC EXTREMELY slow after Windows definition update.

Discus and support PC EXTREMELY slow after Windows definition update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday my PC had a definition update - Security intelligence update KB2267602. I've logged onto my pc today and this update has made my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nobody_77, Mar 10, 2021.

1. nobody_77 Win User

PC EXTREMELY slow after Windows definition update.

Hello,

Yesterday my PC had a definition update - Security intelligence update KB2267602. I've logged onto my pc today and this update has made my computer awfully slow. My PC is high end, it has an Intel Xeon 10855-M, Nvidia quadro rtx 3000, 32gb RAM and plenty of free storage. I've been told to reinstall windows which I did, I reset my whole PC and for a while it worked but now again a week later, the same problem came back.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this stupid problem?

:)

nobody_77, Mar 10, 2021

2. Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Milton Win User

definition update for windows denfender antivirus

Hi mknic,
    I have literally just installed the definition update KB2267602 without any problem. I suggest as a first step checking all the Windows Defender settings to make sure they all have the 'green ticks' in each section.

PC EXTREMELY slow after Windows definition update. [​IMG]

ps. The only reason the 'Family Options' is not ticked is because I am the only user on my computer.

I also would suggest running the 'Troubleshoot' feature in the Update & Security settings which has a section dealing with update problems.

PC EXTREMELY slow after Windows definition update. [​IMG]

Milton, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. PC EXTREMELY slow after Windows definition update. - Similar Threads - EXTREMELY slow definition

2. PC extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC extremely slow: Hi,A few days ago my PC started running extremely slow, to the point where it would take several seconds to open a browser. I initially thought it was because of bitdefender as task manager showed it take a lot of memory. However, after uninstalling it the problem still...
  3. PC extremely slow after installing windows on SSD

PC extremely slow after installing windows on SSD: I recently bought a new 1tb Samsung 870 QVO SSD, and I installed windows through a flash drive onto the SSD. The PC is able to boot up fine and all up until it gets to the desktop screen then everything is sluggish, my cursor is taking awhile to respond to movements,...
  4. PC extremely slow after multiple hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC extremely slow after multiple hibernation: Hi all, I hope you can help me with this. Most of the time, I leave my PC in hibernation in the evening, for the convenience of starting where I left in the next morning. I do restart it, but only about once a week. After a few hibernation cycles day 1, day 2 etc .....
  5. Internet EXTREMELY slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet EXTREMELY slow after windows update: I just updated to windows 10 version 1909 and then reset my pc (as i was planning on doing) After I set it back up my download for web browsing, download games and anything else has been at under 1 mb. My ping In games is also over a thousand. I’ve tried everything; DNS...
  6. Wifi extremely slow after updates

Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  7. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update: Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update. The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole...
  8. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  9. Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.

Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.: So I held back on updating to the anniversary update for a few weeks, but then starting having some problems with sleep and power, so i downloaded the update tool and updated to version 1607. My problems were solved, but now today, a few days later, I suddenly have many...
  10. Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update

Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update: Hi, I see a few people are posting black screens at startup - in my case that's what I thought I had but if I let it go for a few minutes it would eventually get to the login screen. At a few other times, I got to a blue screen saying I needed to use the Recovery tools. All...