Windows 10: PC EXTREMELY slow, hard drive light on solid most of the time

Discus and support PC EXTREMELY slow, hard drive light on solid most of the time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been running Win 10 pro on a 4.0 GHz I7 pc with 100 mbps fios, ssd, 16gb ram. Pc has been GREAT. For the past few days it is extremely slow, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by captnorm, Dec 20, 2016.

1. captnorm Win User

PC EXTREMELY slow, hard drive light on solid most of the time

I've been running Win 10 pro on a 4.0 GHz I7 pc with 100 mbps fios, ssd, 16gb ram. Pc has been GREAT. For the past few days it is extremely slow, in fact, hardly usable. Below is a screen shot from Resource Monitor. In looking into windows update, I see Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632) failed 13 times.

This is my primary production pc, so need to get speed back ASAP. Can anyone let me know of things to try, or should I go back to a clean install (hope not). Thanks

:)

captnorm, Dec 20, 2016
  2. MrSwiftli Win User

Windows is having a slow boot time ever since the Windows update, anyone else having this issue?

Does anyone else experience slow boot times after updating windows to the latest update? I have a hard drive, not a solid state.

MrSwiftli, Dec 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Freezing during restore

Yes, the screen is currently stuck at 12%. The hard drive light is solid, not blinking. It has been stuck at 12% for hours.

HeatherBrock, Dec 20, 2016
  4. PC EXTREMELY slow, hard drive light on solid most of the time

storageman, Dec 21, 2016
Thema:

PC EXTREMELY slow, hard drive light on solid most of the time

1. PC EXTREMELY slow, hard drive light on solid most of the time - Similar Threads - EXTREMELY slow hard

2. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  3. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  4. PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive: When I booted up my windows, it showed 'Press any key to skip disk checking in' but I thought nothing will happen, so I decided to not press any key. then, It took me almost half a day to fix it. I didn't do anything because I thought it will override the C: Drive and I can't...
  5. PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Extremely Slow after fixing C: Drive: When I booted up my windows, it showed 'Press any key to skip disk checking in' but I thought nothing will happen, so I decided to not press any key. then, It took me almost half a day to fix it. I didn't do anything because I thought it will override the C: Drive and I can't...
  6. PC extremely slow

PC extremely slow: Hi,A few days ago my PC started running extremely slow, to the point where it would take several seconds to open a browser. I initially thought it was because of bitdefender as task manager showed it take a lot of memory. However, after uninstalling it the problem still...
  7. Hard Drive Space, Solid State

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Space, Solid State: Hello everyone. The unused space on my 128 GB solid state drive has dropped to 15.2 GB from the approximately 50 GB it had about 2 months ago. I have not done anything to the hard drive to use up any significant space. About 6 months after I purchased this laptop the unused...
  8. Computer extremely slow, even after formatting hard drive

Computer extremely slow, even after formatting hard drive: I have windows 10 installed and my PC is clear of dust. It also started running slow after I updated windows ten, then when I uninstalled the update it was still running slow. My CPU runs super high and my C drive runs at 100% when running nothing but task manager....
  9. solid state and hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    solid state and hard drives: I have a HP Laptop 17-by3065st,os is windows 10. I have both a ssd and hdd my ssd is low on free space my hdd 1TB has plenty. is there a way to have the HDD drive D: be the primary and keep the SSD drive C: just for windows os? Thanx in advance Jim...
  10. Computer is extremely slow on boot, wondering if it's windows or hard drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is extremely slow on boot, wondering if it's windows or hard drive.: I'm trying to figure out how to speed up my computer a little. I've had my computer for around 5 years and in the last few it's gotten really slow on boot and in the first 10ish minutes of booting up. My hard drive is a little older but i believe it's an earlier sshd. These...