Windows 10: PC extremly slow boot up & off after BSOD

Discus and support PC extremly slow boot up & off after BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i just wanted to boot of my pc and go to bed but then get a error. This happend the second time now and i pretty much think it was because i forgot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WRILLEX-, Mar 2, 2019.

1. WRILLEX- Win User

PC extremly slow boot up & off after BSOD

So i just wanted to boot of my pc and go to bed but then get a error. This happend the second time now and i pretty much think it was because i forgot to close a programm. So after half an hour my pc did not restard. It was at 100% yet it did not restard. I read you should just power off and on 3 times and go to advanced mode, and after a bit of time my pc turned on again. The boot up was soo slow it took maybe 10 or 20 minutes just to log into my account. So i just let my pc start up a little and now turned it back off again. Now the booting off lasted 10-20 hours also. Since im not very good with Computers i also tried to call the support wich i could not reach. How do i fix this can everyone help me please? I hope i did not broke anything.

:)

WRILLEX-, Mar 2, 2019

2. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. PC extremly slow boot up & off after BSOD - Similar Threads - extremly slow boot

2. PC runs extremely slow after booting up a game on Steam, How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC runs extremely slow after booting up a game on Steam, How do I fix?: In the last 2 months I've been plagued by issues with my PC. 2 month ago it would crash constantly with no reason, 1 month ago after the initial crashing stopped it would crash after 5-10 mins of playing a game on steam. Now after updating my BIOS, checking for...
  3. PC runs extremely slow after booting up a game on Steam, How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC runs extremely slow after booting up a game on Steam, How do I fix?: In the last 2 months I've been plagued by issues with my PC. 2 month ago it would crash constantly with no reason, 1 month ago after the initial crashing stopped it would crash after 5-10 mins of playing a game on steam. Now after updating my BIOS, checking for...
  4. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  5. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  6. PC extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC extremely slow: Hi,A few days ago my PC started running extremely slow, to the point where it would take several seconds to open a browser. I initially thought it was because of bitdefender as task manager showed it take a lot of memory. However, after uninstalling it the problem still...
  7. Windows booting extremely slow

Windows booting extremely slow: Hi all,So there is a problem with my new laptop, it has been around 30 days since I brought a new laptop its a gaming laptop I mean a good one I can play any game in high to max setting with around 60+ fps but as I am a human so I am greedy, I wanted more fps so someone told...
  8. PC extremely slow after multiple hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC extremely slow after multiple hibernation: Hi all, I hope you can help me with this. Most of the time, I leave my PC in hibernation in the evening, for the convenience of starting where I left in the next morning. I do restart it, but only about once a week. After a few hibernation cycles day 1, day 2 etc .....
  9. BSOD + Extremely slow boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD + Extremely slow boot: Hi guys, So I bought my pc preassembled but without software, and I installed windows 10 onto it. Everything went fine and I was installing some programs back on, but installing certain programs (e.g. blizzard app) makes the pc have an extremely long boot time (>10 mins)....
  10. extremely slow boot up

extremely slow boot up: When computer is turned on the system boot up is extremely slow what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extremely-slow-boot-up/f8d79bfb-db3b-4646-bad9-0ce254f1e282

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc slow after bsod

2. pc very slow after bsod