Windows 10: PC failing to boot on Win10.

Discus and support PC failing to boot on Win10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I changed my account name and password, now the pc cannot boot and prompt this error when attempting repair. "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephMabunda, Mar 13, 2020.

1. PC failing to boot on Win10.

I changed my account name and password, now the pc cannot boot and prompt this error when attempting repair. "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC"

This also "Log file: D:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Please assist in getting my Pc to bootup again.

:)

JosephMabunda, Mar 13, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 13, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Ar3s Win User

PC failing to boot on Win10.

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Thema:

PC failing to boot on Win10.

1. PC failing to boot on Win10. - Similar Threads - failing boot Win10

2. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  3. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  4. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Boot PC fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot PC fails: PC fails to boot with blue screen says it needs to repair. No matter how many restart I do it will goes to the same screen. This 1 year old PC is doing fine until yesterday I got a notification that my PC is infected with virus so I run scan on the PC and detected the virus...
  6. Boot PC fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot PC fails: PC fails to boot with blue screen says it needs to repair. No matter how many restart I do it will goes to the same screen. This 1 year old PC is doing fine until yesterday I got a notification that my PC is infected with virus so I run scan on the PC and detected the virus...
  7. Pc Failing to Boot

Pc Failing to Boot: My Pc froze then crashed yesterday, when I tried to restart it the Preparing Automatic Repair page comes up but nothing happened even tried leaving it for a few hours. I then tried to get it to Boot via the Boot menu {F8} with Win10 Media Creation Tool on a USB, this results...
  8. PC fails to boot

PC fails to boot: When I turn on my PC it cycles no signal until I click [enter] The MSI motherboard logo appears and it says "Preparing Automatic repair" This leads me to the blue screen: Choose an option [Continue] [Turn off your PC] [Use a device] [Troubleshoot] Nothing...
  9. Pc fails to boot.

Pc fails to boot.: Hello, so last night i was playing on my pc when the power went out. This morning when i turned on my pc but it just wouldn't boot. It took about 20-30 attempts of unplugging and holding the power button to finally make it boot. The cd rom always blinks 3 times and makes a...
  10. WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot: WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot and start goes to a corrupted Win 10 installation. Access to change PC bios and UEFI settings not available. Dave M helped earlier,...