Windows 10: PC fails to boot up

Discus and support PC fails to boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop currently will not boot up at all. It's an Asus Notebook PC, running the latest version of Windows as of at least 10/09/19. When it attempts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidP96, Oct 13, 2019.

1. DavidP96 Win User

PC fails to boot up

My laptop currently will not boot up at all. It's an Asus Notebook PC, running the latest version of Windows as of at least 10/09/19.

When it attempts to boot, it'll BSOD with the error message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED then restart and run Automatic Repair with the a message saying my PC did not start correctly.

Attempting to boot into safe mode or from a recovery drive, USB or disc, fails.

Attempting to run Startup Repair from the Advanced troubleshooting options in Automatic Repair fails.

Trying to restore Windows from a System Restore point also won't work as when it asks to select the drive that contains Windows, it won't let me select my C drive (which is where Windows is installed) with a status message saying I must enable system protection on this drive. No other drives appear.

Attempting "Reset this PC" also fails, both the "Keep my files" option and "Remove everything" with the message "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

I can run the Command Prompt from Automatic Repair but all troubleshooting attempts there have failed as I seemingly have little permissions running the Command Prompt from Automatic Repair. My account is the admin account but I guess I don't have access to admin privileges from here?

Nonetheless, I've ran several troubleshooting commands anyway which have either failed to complete or failed to solve the problem.

I've exhausted what computer knowledge I have and am now at my wit's end. Anyone who could help with this issue, even if it's just to tell me my laptop is now a fancy paperweight, would be a godsend.

:)

DavidP96, Oct 13, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Ar3s Win User
    HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

4. PC fails to boot up

Windows 10 "Reset this PC" failed upon final boot.

Hi Cathy,

Failing to reset the PC may happen due to several reasons. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were you able to boot using the ISO file that you downloaded?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    When booting the PC using USB recovery tool, please make sure that the first boot source in your PC's BIOS is the USB drive and not the hard drive. It is best to re-download the ISO file to make sure that you have the latest version.

Keep us updated with the status of this concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

PC fails to boot up

1. PC fails to boot up - Similar Threads - fails boot

2. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  3. Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove failed install dual boot kali linux with Windows11: I tried installing Kali Linux as dual boot, however there were several AMDGPU errors i could not fix, even in the recovery mode. I decided I will go for another linux as dual boot next to Windows 11 at a later stage. First I would like to remove that partition, including all...
  4. Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset: My pc has suddenly been refusing to open windows after failing to reset. The gigabyte logo shows & my keyboard powers on but then dissapears along with my keyboardI can enter BIOS...
  5. Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset

Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset: My pc has suddenly been refusing to open windows after failing to reset. The gigabyte logo shows & my keyboard powers on but then dissapears along with my keyboardI can enter BIOS...
  6. Pc boots gigabyte logo & doesnt boot windows after a failed Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...: so assisting a friend in the vendevor So where trying to figure out how to fix this issueIts a fresh install of windows just runningand where getting the bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL IF we dont have XMP enable in biosbut if we have XMP enabled this issue never happens...
  8. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...: so assisting a friend in the vendevor So where trying to figure out how to fix this issueIts a fresh install of windows just runningand where getting the bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL IF we dont have XMP enable in biosbut if we have XMP enabled this issue never happens...
  9. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...