Windows 10: PC fails to restart during update process

Discus and support PC fails to restart during update process in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to update my windows 10 to version 1903. During the update, my PC is supposed to restart several times during the process, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by iFraser-6C044113-C28F-4C2, Sep 20, 2019.

1. PC fails to restart during update process

Hi,

I am trying to update my windows 10 to version 1903. During the update, my PC is supposed to restart several times during the process, however for some reason when it begins to restart, it powers down but does not power back on. My screen just stays black but I can see the computer is still on as the lights on the MOBO are still lit up.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or a potential fix? This is preventing me from upgrading to the latest version and I need to get it asap.

Thanks

:)

iFraser-6C044113-C28F-4C2, Sep 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 20, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC fails to restart during update process :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 20, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

PC fails to restart during update process

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

PC fails to restart during update process

1. PC fails to restart during update process - Similar Threads - fails restart during

2. PC freezes during updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC freezes during updates.: I have read all the emails sent about this and the main point I want to make is this - the screen goes blank when the upgrade starts and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do - I cannot power the PC off as the on/off switch does NOTHING and I cannot use ctrl alt delete to...
  3. Driver_Power_state_failure only during PC restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver_Power_state_failure only during PC restarts: Some restarts cause Driver_Power_state_failure on my new pc build. Please help me find the driver at fault. You can tell which restarts will result in a BSOD as applications feel laggy when scrolling through or playing games. A restart that causes the BSOD also takes ages to...
  4. Endless BSODs (usually during updates, restarts)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless BSODs (usually during updates, restarts): Hello, I'm getting constant BSODs, I noticed that they appear during all windows updates when PC restart is needed, sometimes they appear on desktop and during normall reboots, even during first clean windows installation. Never occured in games or other hardware demanding...
  5. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  6. Restart failed

Restart failed: I compleatly rebooted my computer. I saved no files. Once I think the process was done. The screen was blank for two hours. I pressed the power button. And I would see the first screen of my start up and then nothing. It will not turn on. I see one screen as if it were going...
  7. Display Dims During Boot Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Dims During Boot Process: I have two questions that are somewhat related: 1. I have my monitor set at 144hz. That resolution shows my display dimmer than other resolutions. Is that normal? 2. During the boot process my screen and once the desktop is loaded, some program or process is causing the...
  8. windows10 update froze during restart

windows10 update froze during restart: A blue screen appeared advising - collecting info and “we’ll restart for you” 100% completed but nothing appears to be happening? The stop code is DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE. Any ideas what i do now?...
  9. Stuck at 4% - is there a way to restart the Update process

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck at 4% - is there a way to restart the Update process: My Laptop with Win 10 build 10240 has two updates pending, a Security update and a Graphics driver update. The update process got to "Downloading updates 4%" and has not moved in two days. I tried rebooting and I have an internet connection. How can I figure out what is the...
  10. auto restart process

in Windows 10 Support
    auto restart process: my problem is that every time my laptop wakes up from sleep my fan control software resets its parameters to default, i need to kill the process and restart it and it will go back to normal. as i see it i need a batch file to auto run every 5 mins or ideally every time the...