Windows 10: Pc fails to start win10 pro if I have a rock candy xbox usb controller connected to it or...

Discus and support Pc fails to start win10 pro if I have a rock candy xbox usb controller connected to it or... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Pc fails to start win10 pro if I have a rock candy Xbox USB controller connected to it or the driver fails to load. There is a 72 in 1 card reader as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kjl1956, Nov 8, 2020.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Pc fails to start win10 pro if I have a rock candy xbox usb controller connected to it or...

Pc fails to start win10 pro if I have a rock candy Xbox USB controller connected to it or the driver fails to load.

There is a 72 in 1 card reader as well as a Bluetooth dongle connected, the Bluetooth adapter is connected to the front USB

and the card reader is connected to a motherboard USB connector.

I know this is not an issue with the pc as I get through the bios post-test and can see the boot loader handoff shows

the message loading operating system; win10 never gets to the login screen and I have to press the power reset button.

If I remove the Xbox controller the pc will get to the windows login.

There is also no issue if there are other USB connected devices like USB or thumb drives connected.

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎5/‎28/‎2020

OS build 19042.610

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

:)

kjl1956, Nov 8, 2020

2. Rock Candy XBOX One controller

I bought a rock candy controller for my MSI GE62 Apache Pro Laptop, with USB 3.1 type C. And because of this the controller isnt compatible with my laptop. Is there ANY way i an make this work? Im getting tired of Dark Souls 3 giving me xbox controls instead
    of pc controls haha.

Wyatt_McCurry, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Sigil Win User
    Rock Candy Xbox 360 controller no longer recognized by windows 10?

I used a Rock Candy wired Xbox 360 controller without issues for years in windows 7, by using the microsoft xbox accessories drivers from xbox.com. After installing windows 10, however the controller, is no longer recognized in any way. This includes a
    clean install of windows 10 (the xbox site claims xbox drivers are now built in), as well as after installing windows 7 xbox controller drivers from xbox.com.

I tried using the device manager to manually select a driver, however the xbox controller drivers are not listed there, even after using the windows 7 installer.

Sigil, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Kirby2757 Win User

Pc fails to start win10 pro if I have a rock candy xbox usb controller connected to it or...

Rock Candy Xbox 360 Controller Not Working

I got a Rock candy Xbox controller that i use solely for PC in December and i plug it into a 4 USB hub. Recently my controller is refusing to work at all. Whenever i plug it into the hub or even the computer itself, the lights around the home button will
    blink for a couple of seconds and then shut off. After that a error message comes up saying: USB Device Not Recognized. The last USB device you plugged in has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. I go into device manager and whenever i plug it
    in a new device pops up but not under the controller area. A device saying Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) pops up when i plug it into my computer and Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) when i plug it into the hub. I plug it into
    different ports as well and i get the same error. Other USB devices work fine in the ports that i tested as well. Please help I would like to keep using this controller if at all possible.

UPDATE: It works on my laptop and other computers just not the one i need it work on

Kirby2757, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Pc fails to start win10 pro if I have a rock candy xbox usb controller connected to it or... - Similar Threads - fails start win10

2. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  3. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  4. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two issues Nvidia container icon removed from win10 and can not boot pc if rock candy USB...

Two issues Nvidia container icon removed from win10 and can not boot pc if rock candy USB...: Two issues Nvidia container icon removed from win10 and can not boot pc if rock candy USB 360 controller is connected On the first issue, I check for the icon to be displayed on the taskbar, but every 6 boots the icon will disappear from the taskbar, if I reenable for it to...
  6. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  7. Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  8. Xbox 360 Rock Candy controller completely unresponsive after the computer goes to sleep!

Xbox 360 Rock Candy controller completely unresponsive after the computer goes to sleep!: I have been using my Xbox 360 ROCK CANDY controller for almost a year now with my iBuyPower desktop, but as of today my controller suddenly stopped responding at all. It still shows as Player 1 if I leave it plugged in, but will not register any input on any game I play. When...
  9. Xbox 360 rock

Xbox 360 rock: My XBOX rock candy controller isn't working. It just turns on for 1/5 of a second then turns off. I've tried to update all the drivers, but nothing works. I'm using it for PC. Do you people have any ideas?...
  10. connect xbox control to pc

connect xbox control to pc: My son asked me, if I could connect the control of his xbox to the pc to play, I don't know how to do it. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-xbox-control-to-pc/c2661ae1-7976-4fb2-a14e-a669d9a67bdd