Windows 10: PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

Discus and support PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all! I've been having a strange issue with my wife's computer for almost a year now. When the computer is put into sleep mode, after a few minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mechacontext, Sep 25, 2018.

1. PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

Hi all!

I've been having a strange issue with my wife's computer for almost a year now. When the computer is put into sleep mode, after a few minutes (ranging from 10-30 minutes) the fans will turn on, keeping power usage high. The display is still blank, and all accessories are put into their respective low-power modes, until I press a key or mouse-click, upon which the computer resumes its normal wakeup protocol (which in my case involves going to the lockscreen and entering a PIN.)

Is there a setting that might be turned on that is causing this to happen? It's super annoying, especially since the fans are all Molex-connected, either on-or-off situations. So they are all running at full power, loud as an airplane.

:)

mechacontext, Sep 25, 2018
  2. sjohn_az Win User

Windows sleep mode--computer won't stay asleep

I usually manual enter sleep mode on my computer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can put the computer to sleep but several minutes later the computer "wakes up" again. I have no problems initially going into sleep mode. Computer fan stops, HD stops etc.
    It just doesn't want to stay asleep. Any suggestions?

S. Johnson

sjohn_az, Sep 25, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

1. PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep! - Similar Threads - fans turn few

2. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  3. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  4. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  6. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  7. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly

in Windows 10 News
    PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly: [ATTACH]If your PC monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly, you can follow these solutions to get rid of this problem. There could be various reasons why your computer monitor turns off automatically after a few minutes. Here we have explained some of the common causes...
  9. Fan turns on while computer is asleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan turns on while computer is asleep or shutdown: I have an HP Envy 15 and the computer fan starts running while the computer is just sitting there idle. I haven't connected any external mouse so the problem is not a key being pressed or the mouse moved. Every time I have to force shutdown by pressing the power button to...
  10. PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!: Hi all! I've been having a strange issue with my wife's computer for almost a year now. When the computer is put into sleep mode, after a few minutes (ranging from 10-30 minutes) the fans will turn on, keeping power usage high. The display is still blank, and all accessories...