Windows 10: PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

Discus and support PC: Field for password entry is not displayed? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Edit: Reset it once now (with Keep Files) and it works again. A bit annoying to have to install everything again, but I was desperate with this thing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wrzipsfhk, Aug 1, 2020 at 6:24 AM.

1. wrzipsfhk Win User

PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

Edit: Reset it once now (with Keep Files) and it works again. A bit annoying to have to install everything again, but I was desperate with this thing

I don't know exactly where to ask this, so I'll just do it here.

If you start up the PC and press space bar/mouse up at this time/date screen, you should normally see the profile and a field to enter the password. My problem, as the title says, is that this field is not shown (picture).

I didn't do anything special: I just watched a video, put my foot against the power button and the PC went down. I rebooted it and the problem occurred.

I've had this problem before, but a restart has always been enough until now.

I've already tried:

-PC restarted (several times)

-control is pressed and the password is entered blindly

-(With a backup from last week, nothing has changed)

-started in Safe Mode (all this works) and restarted normally

-In secure mode with netpwilz set that you don't have to enter a password (this only caused that the screen where the time and date is displayed doesn't come anymore, but directly the other screen)

Of course I would not like to reset my PC

Thanks in advance

PC: Field for password entry is not displayed? 0_big.jpg

:)

2. _mattje Win User

NO PASSWORD FIELD AFTER SLEEP

Thanks for your quick reply.

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when waking up your device from sleep mode?
    - Yes, most of the time when the pc has been asleep, the logon screen with my user name appears, but the password field does not appear, no matter what I do.

The only thing I can do is restart.

• Have you made any changes or applied an update to your device before the issue occurred?
    - I updated with the latest Windows updates when I got the machine. I've tried lots of different power settings etc since, but can't change this behaviour.

• Are you seeing any error messages or error codes? If yes, please send us a screenshot.
    - No. The password field just does not appear, so I can't log back in and use the machine

Matt

3. When typing in password I get half way through then the password field fills randomly on its own not letting me enter correct password.

Hi Stephen,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and try to enter the password, check whether the issue persists or not.

This issue might occur if you press any key by mistake continuously it fills the password field if there is issue with the keyboard.

So determine the issue, I suggest you to use the ‘Onscreen keyboard’ and try to enter the password and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 1, 2020 at 6:25 AM
  4. PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field

Hi,

Are you unable to just type in this fields or are these fields greyed out?

I would suggest you to first check if install all the latest updates available through Windows updates to make sure that you have all the patches. If you have already done this, then I would suggest try these steps and check if it

helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 1, 2020 at 6:25 AM
Thema:

PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

1. PC: Field for password entry is not displayed? - Similar Threads - Field password entry

2. Darium Password Entry Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Darium Password Entry Issue: Diarium will not allow me to insert the alphbetical components of my password but will allow the numerical digets. It was working this morning. Two hours later I can not access it. Keyboard works fine for all other software and apps as does the virtual keyboard. Laptop has...
  3. When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When Windows Hello fails, the password entry field doesn't show up, and I'm stuck at the...: Maybe I'm not searching the right terms, but I can't find any info on this very frustrating bug. I put my computer in sleep mode in between classes the whole day, and if Windows Hello fails (either because I'm not in view or looking elsewhere) when I turn it on, there's a 1/3...
  4. Password entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password entry: I turn my computer off during the day. When signing in at night I'm often prompted to sign in to my Microsoft account because of account issues. I sign in problem solved. is this the norm?...
  5. Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username: Hello, My organization has been having an issue for a few months now where a user will try to unlock their Windows 10 computer but no field populates to enter their password. Sometimes the username will appear, other times nothing will appear. On the lock screen you can...
  6. How to have text entry fields in a pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to have text entry fields in a pdf: win 10 need capabilities of acrobat or adobe reader but cannot install acrobat in 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-text-entry-fields-in-a-pdf/0d769a44-b40c-4700-a5c5-1b89e34f11a4
  7. Password field not working on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password field not working on Surface Pro 4: Hello, team. Everytime I want to type in my password in a browser from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with all the updates (don't even try that 'suggestion', as the updates mostly ruined it), on tablet mode, they keyboard just fades away. As a workaround, I use the on screen...
  8. BitLocker Password Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Password Entry: I attempted to use BitLocker on my system drive. I do not have TPM so used the Group Policy Editor to enable. After the first few steps were followed, a PC restart was requested. On restarting I see the blue screen asking for my BitLocker Password (Yes I do know it!)...
  9. Password entry twice

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password entry twice: My computer installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators update this last week. Since then on power up I have to enter the logon password twice. After the first entry the logon screen "refreshes" and then requests the password. After the second entry the computer starts just...
  10. Unable to login, no password field.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login, no password field.: I have a friend's HP Omni 120-1133w which was upgraded from win7 to win10 and was working fine. She had a power outage and ever since can't log in. It boots up to the lock screen with the time in the left corner and the wireless icon in the right corner. When you hit any key...