Windows 10: PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

Discus and support PC: Field for password entry is not displayed? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Edit: Reset it once now (with Keep Files) and it works again. A bit annoying to have to install everything again, but I was desperate with this thing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wrzipsfhk, Aug 1, 2020.

1. wrzipsfhk Win User

PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

Edit: Reset it once now (with Keep Files) and it works again. A bit annoying to have to install everything again, but I was desperate with this thing

I don't know exactly where to ask this, so I'll just do it here.

If you start up the PC and press space bar/mouse up at this time/date screen, you should normally see the profile and a field to enter the password. My problem, as the title says, is that this field is not shown (picture).

I didn't do anything special: I just watched a video, put my foot against the power button and the PC went down. I rebooted it and the problem occurred.

I've had this problem before, but a restart has always been enough until now.

I've already tried:

-PC restarted (several times)

-control is pressed and the password is entered blindly

-(With a backup from last week, nothing has changed)

-started in Safe Mode (all this works) and restarted normally

-In secure mode with netpwilz set that you don't have to enter a password (this only caused that the screen where the time and date is displayed doesn't come anymore, but directly the other screen)

Of course I would not like to reset my PC

Thanks in advance

PC: Field for password entry is not displayed? 0_big.jpg

:)

wrzipsfhk, Aug 1, 2020
  2. _mattje Win User

NO PASSWORD FIELD AFTER SLEEP

Thanks for your quick reply.

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when waking up your device from sleep mode?
    - Yes, most of the time when the pc has been asleep, the logon screen with my user name appears, but the password field does not appear, no matter what I do.

The only thing I can do is restart.

• Have you made any changes or applied an update to your device before the issue occurred?
    - I updated with the latest Windows updates when I got the machine. I've tried lots of different power settings etc since, but can't change this behaviour.

• Are you seeing any error messages or error codes? If yes, please send us a screenshot.
    - No. The password field just does not appear, so I can't log back in and use the machine

Matt

_mattje, Aug 1, 2020
  3. When typing in password I get half way through then the password field fills randomly on its own not letting me enter correct password.

Hi Stephen,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and try to enter the password, check whether the issue persists or not.

This issue might occur if you press any key by mistake continuously it fills the password field if there is issue with the keyboard.

So determine the issue, I suggest you to use the ‘Onscreen keyboard’ and try to enter the password and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 1, 2020
  4. PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field

Hi,

Are you unable to just type in this fields or are these fields greyed out?

I would suggest you to first check if install all the latest updates available through Windows updates to make sure that you have all the patches. If you have already done this, then I would suggest try these steps and check if it

helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

PC: Field for password entry is not displayed?

1. PC: Field for password entry is not displayed? - Similar Threads - Field password entry

2. My log-in password field gets filled with "~", and only at the password field. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My log-in password field gets filled with "~", and only at the password field. Is there a...: For the past few days when I've logged in, when I click to type my password in the field it gets filled with the black dots. I used the eye icon to check if maybe it was a stuck key, and it was all "~". The thing is, I'm able to erase these dots and input my password normally...
  3. My log-in password field gets filled with "~", and only at the password field. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My log-in password field gets filled with "~", and only at the password field. Is there a...: For the past few days when I've logged in, when I click to type my password in the field it gets filled with the black dots. I used the eye icon to check if maybe it was a stuck key, and it was all "~". The thing is, I'm able to erase these dots and input my password normally...
  4. My log-in password field gets filled with "~", and only at the password field. Is there a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. password entry screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password entry screen: Since the Feature Update to 21H1 when I start my computer and get passed the annoying welcome lock screen, the password entry screen sometimes does not appear - just a blank blue screen!! The only way I have found to move on is to shut down my computer and start again!!Anyone...
  6. Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at blurry pin entry screen with no typing field: We just recently got a pc for my wife to work at home. The pc was running fine for about a week. Tonight she restarted the pc and it gets to the screen where you click and the pin pad comes up, but in this instance, the screen blurs like the pinpad is coming up, but nothing...
  7. no logon field displayed in about 50% of PC restarts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    no logon field displayed in about 50% of PC restarts: Hi there, I am using a MSI GP70 2PE Leopard laptop with W10 64bit. At about 50% of the restarts of the PC, I do not get the logon field. The background field just stays empty. The only option is to press restart in the right down corner of the display. Most times the...
  8. Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields: I have a machine that when I do anything requiring elevation I'm getting the windows security pop up, but the username\password entry fields are missing and my only option is to select cancel. I've recreated the entire user profile but it's still happening. No idea at this...
  9. Password entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password entry: I turn my computer off during the day. When signing in at night I'm often prompted to sign in to my Microsoft account because of account issues. I sign in problem solved. is this the norm?...
  10. How to have text entry fields in a pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to have text entry fields in a pdf: win 10 need capabilities of acrobat or adobe reader but cannot install acrobat in 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-text-entry-fields-in-a-pdf/0d769a44-b40c-4700-a5c5-1b89e34f11a4