Windows 10: PC flickers after updating

Discus and support PC flickers after updating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC deleted all the application setup, then I installed Windows 10 Pro which caused it to fail to restart. Then I installed Windows 10 32 bit by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NigelCoolsite, Jan 2, 2020.

1. PC flickers after updating

My PC deleted all the application setup, then I installed Windows 10 Pro which caused it to fail to restart. Then I installed Windows 10 32 bit by mistake, which I downloaded from Microsoft website. Upon installing, the PC flickered upon startup. I then installed Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, but still it was flickering when starting.

Then I downloaded another Windows 10 64 bit, but still it's flickering when starting.

The Windows 10 Pro also caused the problem with the pointer... it disappeared, then I fixed the problem. Now the flickering problem is still there. What might be the problem? Please help.

Thanks.

:)

NigelCoolsite, Jan 2, 2020

2. flickers with win 10

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with flickering screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

• Do let us know when exactly you get the flickering screen on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message on flickering screen?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article:
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    for flickering screen, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

PC flickers after updating

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

PC flickers after updating

1. PC flickers after updating - Similar Threads - flickers updating

2. Screen flickering after windows 11 update and automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering after windows 11 update and automatic repair loop: 2 days before I had a cumulative windows 11 update, after updates my LENOVO-NOTEBOOK-COREI5-1135G7 8GB started with a flickering screen. Since the flickering screen started after the windows update, I did system restore to go into the place where screen is acting normal....
  3. Screen flickering after windows 11 update and automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering after windows 11 update and automatic repair loop: 2 days before I had a cumulative windows 11 update, after updates my LENOVO-NOTEBOOK-COREI5-1135G7 8GB started with a flickering screen. Since the flickering screen started after the windows update, I did system restore to go into the place where screen is acting normal....
  4. Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update: Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update. Sometimes it is blurry and sometimes it is black. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-is-flickering-after-the-windows/70eb763f-c388-4175-b361-d017c3abc41c
  5. Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update

Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update: Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update. Sometimes it is blurry and sometimes it is black. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-is-flickering-after-the-windows/70eb763f-c388-4175-b361-d017c3abc41c
  6. Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering

Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering: I am using asus vivobook X540U. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-update-crashes-my-laptop-it-becomes/576709fd-57a1-447d-9e19-43908f9adb59
  7. Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering: I am using asus vivobook X540U. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-update-crashes-my-laptop-it-becomes/576709fd-57a1-447d-9e19-43908f9adb59
  8. Your update crashes my laptop, it becomes unresponsive, screen got flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My windows 10 laptop screen has been flickering. I tried updating the display adapter but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 laptop screen has been flickering. I tried updating the display adapter but...: My Windows 10 laptop pc has been flickering. I went online to find a solution and what I saw from Microsoft was to install the current display driver and install the updated version. I did all that but the problem persists. What else can I do to solve this problem? I...
  10. My windows 10 laptop screen has been flickering. I tried updating the display adapter but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows 10 laptop screen has been flickering. I tried updating the display adapter but...: My Windows 10 laptop pc has been flickering. I went online to find a solution and what I saw from Microsoft was to install the current display driver and install the updated version. I did all that but the problem persists. What else can I do to solve this problem? I...