Windows 10: PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

Discus and support PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, since two or three months, every time i take a screenshot with Win+Shift+S, my PC freeze for 1 to 5 seconds the sound still go on and i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Trietch, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Trietch Win User

PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

Hello,

since two or three months, every time i take a screenshot with Win+Shift+S, my PC freeze for 1 to 5 seconds the sound still go on and i can move the mouse but everything else is static. The freeze duration seems to increment over time.

Feel free to ask me questions about my configuration, i don't really know what you need to help me. Windows is up to date 1909 and i have lots of free spaces on my disks.

Thanks !

:)

Trietch, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Pauli O Win User

taking a screenshot

There is at least these 4 ways to take Screenshot:

1) Alt key + Print Screen key take snapshot of active windows to clipboard

2) Ctrl key + Print Screen key take snapshot of full display to clipboard

3 Win key + Shift + S give you select area of screenshot to clipboard

4) Win key + Print Screen key save
    snapshot of full display to folder Pictures \ Screenshots

Pauli O, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Pauli O Win User
    How to take a screenshot?

There is at least 4 ways:

1) Alt key +Print Screen key take snapshot of active windows to clipboard

2) Ctrl key +Print Screen key take snapshot of full display to clipboard

3 Win key + Shift + S give you select area of screenshot to clipboard

4) Win key + Print Screen key save snapshot of full display to folder Pictures \ Screenshots

Pauli O, Feb 24, 2020
  4. PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

The system freezes when I take a screen (alt+shift+s)

Hello! I have a problem with print screen...

By clicking on the keyboard shortcuts alt+shift+s and take screenshot everything freezes and all windows become inaccessible, but the cursor moves. I also noticed that in the “notifications” tab this screenshot does not appear at all, but it is in the buffer.
    A screenshot through "printscreen" works fine. OS Windows 10 1909.

also checked the system for viruses with Microsoft Safety but nothing has changed.

Thank you

RomanR17132, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

1. PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S - Similar Threads - FREEZE taking SCREENSHOT

2. Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing: Hello, on my Lenovo Thinkpad E595 I have the problem. If I use Windows + shift + s to take a screenshot it freezes my whole pc when editing. What do I exactly mean? If I use these hotkeys to activate the screenshot tool. I mak the area I want to have in my screenshot....
  3. win+Shift+S is causing brighter screenshots on 4k monitor

win+Shift+S is causing brighter screenshots on 4k monitor: win + shift + s when taken on my 4k screen ( running a triple monitor setup - 2 1080p monitors and a 4k tv as a third) are making the screenshots with high brightness. The colour is completely fine and consistent across all monitors until I go to do a screen grab on the 4k...
  4. win+shift+s screenshot shortcut not working anymore?

win+shift+s screenshot shortcut not working anymore?: title, not that computer savvy so i was wondering if anybody could help me out with this. tried resetting snip and sketch in apps and feature because an online page said to do that but it isn't working submitted by /u/Abstractings [link] [comments]...
  5. How to take a screenshot (Windows+Shift+S) with a watermark timestamp?

How to take a screenshot (Windows+Shift+S) with a watermark timestamp?: Hi, I need to take screenshots at work all the time (not the whole screen) and past it in a document where I put the date of the screenshot. Do you guys know any program that makes a screenshot with a shortcut (like Windows+Shift+S) and when you paste it will have a water...
  6. I thought taking a screenshot of a 1080p screen isn't THAT hard? (The Win+Shift+S snipping...

I thought taking a screenshot of a 1080p screen isn't THAT hard? (The Win+Shift+S snipping...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ich__liebe__dich [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4y4t7/i_thought_taking_a_screenshot_of_a_1080p_screen/
  7. Win+shift+s screenshot tool no longer working

Win+shift+s screenshot tool no longer working: About a month ago I found out about this keystroke to take screenshots that would then be put on my clipboard so I could paste them easily and started using it all the time. Now whenever I try to screen shot it just stops for a second and then doesn't copy it to my clipboard....
  8. Snip & Sketch app constantly crashing when taking screenshots with Win + Shift + S...

Snip & Sketch app constantly crashing when taking screenshots with Win + Shift + S...: Hello everyone! I am having this annoying issue lately, and I feel like I'm the only one. When using the said shortcut to capture a region of the screen, Windows Snip & Sketch just hangs for a moment, but there is no confirmation that the screenshot was taken. Application...
  9. win + shift + s freez

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win + shift + s freez: hello ms team, recently I met a new feature of windows 10, push (win + shift + s) to experience new snipping tool, it was working perfectly till yesterday, when I press these buttons and select the area I want, the screen hangs, my computer is still working, I mean I can...
  10. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?: When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard? I can paste directly into OneNote, or whatever image program, but I don't want that. I want a timestamped screenshot or the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows screen shot frozen

2. Windows froze in screenshot

3. win 10 screenshot froze pc

4. windows froze after taking a screenshot