Windows 10: PC freeze and crash when playing games then my gpu fans speed up to max speed

Discus and support PC freeze and crash when playing games then my gpu fans speed up to max speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Change my gpu yesterday and since then everytime I play a game the pc freeze and get a blackscreen and my fans get to max speed Nom d’événement du... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Whyimzack, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Whyimzack Win User

PC freeze and crash when playing games then my gpu fans speed up to max speed

Change my gpu yesterday and since then everytime I play a game the pc freeze and get a blackscreen and my fans get to max speed

Nom d’événement du problème : LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Paramètre 1: ffffa1824bf4a050

Paramètre 2: fffff80188022100

Paramètre 3: 0

Paramètre 4: 778

Version OS: 10_0_18363

Service Pack: 0_0

Produit: 768_1

Version du SE: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101

ID de paramètres régionaux: 3084

I updated drivers, closed all apps running in background, my new gpu take less power than the old one. I am clueless

i5-9400

gtx 1650 new gpu

gtx 960 old gpu

:)

Whyimzack, Jan 11, 2021

2. W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

I'm worried about my computer because when i installed W10 everything was fine and smooth. Edge is a really nice browser and start-ups as faster than ever.

But since last update (i think) the cpu fan is not boosting to max speed. It works all the time, but at very low speed.

Before this issue the cpu fan speed-up eveytime I was gamming or using deep applications, as browsing multiple windows with different browsers (which i did for work a lot of times) and other hard tasks, and also speed-up a few seconds everytime I shuted
    down the computer a few seconds before the power off. Now none of this is happening. I installed an app to chek and CPU temp is 80ºC, same as GPU

I had a laptop, an ASUS K52Jr, and I'm worried my computer will be damaged sooner or later. Also typing on the keyboard is annoying at this temperatures.

Another thing is I can't enter the bios to check this nor the W10 utilitty let me see what¡s happening with fans.

Please, help me. Thanks

Pablo MiguelSaval Sendra, Jan 11, 2021
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    inconsistent fan speeds

"Isn't there some way to set a different fan profile"

Laptops tend to have a lot of differences to desktop, but my current ASUS motherboard has

a fan speed profile setup in BIOS.

Other motherboard have system software that includes a fan speed profile option on the driver/software disk.

I usually set the profile so the fan speed at 40C is as high as it will go before it starts getting loud.

Then tweak it up from their.

A higher initial speed will keep the cpu cooler from the start. This helps prevent constant up/down cycling

that comes with some so called 'silent' setups that have a whoa to go fan speed profile.

- If you run the machine in high ambient air temps a cooling pad can help too.

- You should also monitor the temps to verify that machine is not running too hot.

For cpu - Real Temp

If the machine has dedicated graphics processor -
    GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

BossDweeb, Jan 11, 2021
  4. PC freeze and crash when playing games then my gpu fans speed up to max speed

Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Hey all,

I have had an issue for the last few months, specifically when trying to play Rocket League, where between 5-20 minutes into playing, both of my monitors will go black and my GPU fan will kick to 100%. I can't remember if this coincided with any NVIDIA driver updates, but any subsequent updates have not helped. I am currently running the latest NVIDIA driver version (441.66).

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that I have taken for this:

• RAM
    • Ran Memtest64 overnight, ensuring that 100% RAM utilization. No errors were returned.
    • Reseated the RAM, blowing out the slots to ensure no blockages.
    • Tested different memory slots on the board.
    • Swapped out RAM with new RAM from Microcenter, no improvements.
    • RAM was originally OC'd to 3200 MHz via XMP. I turned this off and the RAM is running at stock speeds listed above.
    • BIOS
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version
    • Performed a Clean Boot and attempted to play. Game still crashed out within the first match or so.
    • GPU
    • Updated all drivers
    • Updated drivers, including a complete DDU uninstall/reinstall.
    • Swapped power cables from the PSU
    • Moved GPU to lower PCI-E slot
    • Reseated the GPU, blowing out the slot after reseating
    • Deleted the video driver from Control Panel
    • Storage
    • Ran chkdsk with no errors
    • Ran defragmentation on the HDD and Trim on the SSDs
    • Ran sfc /scannow with no issues
    • Game Files
    • Ran validator on game files (as a note here, after one crash, I ran the validator and it corrected one file. However, I played a game immediately after and crashed. Running the validator after that crash had no files fixed)
    • Installed the game on all three storage devices

I have attached the BSOD logs. Please assist!

bmduffy2020, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

PC freeze and crash when playing games then my gpu fans speed up to max speed

1. PC freeze and crash when playing games then my gpu fans speed up to max speed - Similar Threads - freeze crash playing

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  5. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  6. PC randomly freezes for few seconds & fan speeds up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly freezes for few seconds & fan speeds up: I bought my dell inspiron laptop last year. My pc randomly freezes for few seconds at that time touchpad, keypad, screen, audio, internet connection to wifi stop working. This happen after some intervals. I open the task manager to see which program use more CPU become at...
  7. PC randomly freezes for few seconds & fan speeds up

PC randomly freezes for few seconds & fan speeds up: I bought my dell inspiron laptop last year. My pc randomly freezes for few seconds at that time touchpad, keypad, screen, audio, internet connection to wifi stop working. This happen after some intervals. I open the task manager to see which program use more CPU become at...
  8. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  9. PC randomly freezes for a few seconds and fans speed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly freezes for a few seconds and fans speed up: Hello! I recently got a new PC and it worked fine for about 3 weeks until I installed an extra hard drive. Randomly the computer freezes for about three seconds and the fans start spinning extremely fast. This can occur both in gameplay and during some casual browsing time....
  10. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...