Windows 10: PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error

Discus and support PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, since i installed windows 10 my pc crashes when im not running a game in the background, if i just browse pages, watch videos or simply stay on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dissension, Jan 31, 2020.

1. PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error

Hello, since i installed windows 10 my pc crashes when im not running a game in the background, if i just browse pages, watch videos or simply stay on windows desktop doing nothing the pc will freeze or crash and im force to hard restart it. The temporary "fix" for this problem that the pc wont crash or freeze during games, so i ran one on the background and do other things.

my specs:

AMD A8-5500 APU 3.2GHz

4GB RAM

GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I already got a new HDD and SSD for windows because i suspected it was a hdd problem, but the problem persists.

:)

Dissension, Jan 31, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD while using the internet. error (L1C63x64.sys)

Hi trainman81,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
    1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

AVG is trying to request data from the internet, which is why the network driver is marked as the cause.
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C63x64.sys 0: kd> lmvm L1C63x64 start             end                 module name fffff801`89700000 fffff801`89722000   L1C63x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys     Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\L1C63x64.sys     Image name: L1C63x64.sys     Timestamp:        Mon Apr 01 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5)     CheckSum:         000245C4     ImageSize:        00022000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    AVG drivers that have been flagged
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgfwd6a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgfwd6a.sys
    Please uninstall AVG and see if it helps
    Uninstall AVG | AVG
    It is further recommended to check your Qualcomm network driver for updates, its driver is not supported for Windows 10.
    Driver Reference Table - L1C63x64.sys

3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 31, 2020
  4. cplpro Win User

PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error :)

cplpro, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error

1. PC freeze and sometimes BSOD ntfs.sys error - Similar Threads - freeze sometimes BSOD

2. BSOD - qcwlan64.sys error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - qcwlan64.sys error: Dear Community,After reinstalling and fully updating windows 11 on a lenovo thinkpad laptop I get repeated and very frequent bsod errors with no stop number but reference to file qcwlan64.sys. I checked qualcom drivers via Windows Decice Manager but windows indicates most...
  3. PC freezes - sometimes GPU error - sometimes new Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes - sometimes GPU error - sometimes new Audio Device: Hi Everyone,since 2 Months my PC randomly freeces.Sometimes while i am Ingame, sometimes while watch Youtube and other times while i do nothing.After freezing, I usually did not get an error message. Recently, however, I have been getting messages that my GPU driver had to be...
  4. PC freezes - sometimes GPU error - sometimes new Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes - sometimes GPU error - sometimes new Audio Device: Hi Everyone,since 2 Months my PC randomly freeces.Sometimes while i am Ingame, sometimes while watch Youtube and other times while i do nothing.After freezing, I usually did not get an error message. Recently, however, I have been getting messages that my GPU driver had to be...
  5. Pc reboots randomly , sometimes freeze and blue screen error occurs sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc reboots randomly , sometimes freeze and blue screen error occurs sometimes: I checked event viewer this message is displayed after the reboot . Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 28-09-2020 7.47.20 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2...
  6. PC Freezing / Sometimes BSOD - Whea Uncorrectable Error

PC Freezing / Sometimes BSOD - Whea Uncorrectable Error: When i'm on my main account for my computer, it has started to freeze alot recently, sometimes having a BSOD saying Whea Uncorrectable Error Then, I switch to my other account, and it takes less time to 'remove' LogonUI as opposed as having to wait around a minute for...
  7. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  8. Freeze and BSOD sometime ..

Freeze and BSOD sometime ..: Hi , my problem start before 5 months . laptop start to freeze ( can't Alt+Ctrl+Del or anything ) must to force restart 1 time everyday and then start to be 2 , 3 times .. then after freeze sometime BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR i tried format my windows and the...
  9. PC Freezes sometimes

PC Freezes sometimes: one day my pc began to freeze up during a game, so i turned off the pc and turned it back on. Then loged in and some shorcuts on my desktop wouldnt load, my pc would take forever to open programs. Sometimes its starts up fine, work for a good two hours them begins to freeze...
  10. BSOD Sometimes with Freezing

BSOD Sometimes with Freezing: Hello so this problem has been plaguing me since windows 8.1 I just assumed it was the OS and would be fixed with the upgrade to windows 10, I was wrong. It usually starts as my PC is very slow and sluggish and then it either A. BSOD with different codes each time. Or...