Windows 10: pc freeze for a split second

Discus and support pc freeze for a split second in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; every about 3-5 seconds my pc freezes for 1-2 seconds, im pretty sure its something to do with nvidia but i dont know it freezes the audio too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dhabia_a, Sep 13, 2020.

1. dhabia_a Win User

pc freeze for a split second

every about 3-5 seconds my pc freezes for 1-2 seconds, im pretty sure its something to do with nvidia but i dont know it freezes the audio too

:)

dhabia_a, Sep 13, 2020

2. Split Second

I wouldn't doubt it's good, I think this game will be on my list of games to get for the new PC later this year.

Games for new machine
    Split Second
    Street Fighter 4 (Super if it ever comes to PC)
    HAWX (Demo was playable on my current machine)
    BattleField Bad Company 2
    COD WAW
    More to come...

New Machine Recommendations

eidairaman1, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around the screen

Seems like after the latest fall update my mouse freezes, both if using touchpad or wired mouse.

Tried in safe mode, DOES NOT occur in safe mode.

Went through the WHOLE LIST of services and start up programs after a clean boot, one by one... could not find the problem.

Checked for updated drivers all updated. Still annoying stops freezes for a split second every few seconds when moving the cursor around the screen.

Do I just need to do a hard drive format and clean install?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

ExhibitorMR, Sep 13, 2020
  4. sam9 Win User

PC hangs/freezes while splitting a large video

I am trying to split a large MPEG2 video (around 14 GB) and computer hangs within few minute. I checked that processor starts getting very hot. PC is AMD and Windows 10. Is it a PC issue or Windows 10 issue. Earlier I had Win 7 but never got chance to split a Big Video on that. I have no problem in splitting if the video is small. I have tried different programs for splitting and all end up in freezing.

Thema:

1. pc freeze for a split second - Similar Threads - freeze split second

2. My PC hangs for a split second while doing anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC hangs for a split second while doing anything.: I have a dell precision 7540. It's a great laptop with an Intel Xeon E-2286M, an Nvidia Quadro T2000, and 64 GB ram. For some reason whenever I'm doing anything at all, whether it be scrolling on a web page or even just typing, my pc hangs for one or two seconds and then...
  3. My PC hangs for a split second while doing anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC hangs for a split second while doing anything.: I have a dell precision 7540. It's a great laptop with an Intel Xeon E-2286M, an Nvidia Quadro T2000, and 64 GB ram. For some reason whenever I'm doing anything at all, whether it be scrolling on a web page or even just typing, my pc hangs for one or two seconds and then...
  4. USB hub recognized for a split of a second

USB hub recognized for a split of a second: Got USB hub, when inserted for a split of a second unit shows in Explorer, and then vanishes. Problem started after updating version 22H2 of Windows Pro...
  5. USB hub recognized for a split of a second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hub recognized for a split of a second: Got USB hub, when inserted for a split of a second unit shows in Explorer, and then vanishes. Problem started after updating version 22H2 of Windows Pro...
  6. Microphone only working for a split-second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone only working for a split-second: Hello! At the end of last year I built a new PC. I have now realised that for some reason the mic is not working...The microphone is detected, but for whatever reason it does not work. When i start the test for audio recoding it works for a split-second in the beginning, but...
  7. Taskbar and Chrome Blackout for a split second????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar and Chrome Blackout for a split second????: While I'm working in Blender on my laptop, I usually have chrome open to the side for references or music. Lately, I have noticed that every couple of minutes parts of my screen flash black taskbar, tops of app windows, and sometimes the whole chrome app. During use, it only...
  8. White window appears for a split second

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White window appears for a split second: I reinstalled my Windows 10 a few days ago. Yesterday while i was playing i seen a white window apear in the middle of the screen for a split second. I run Bitdefender and Windows Defender just in case but they didn't found anything. But later i noticed that Microsoft Store...
  9. Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...: I just went through an upgrade to Windows 10 and installed a SSD drive. Fresh install, not much on the machine only MS Office, Adobe Reader and Winzip Utilities Suite. All the drivers have been updated and still the mouse freezes for a split second, every two seconds...
  10. PC hangs/freezes while splitting a large video

PC hangs/freezes while splitting a large video: I am trying to split a large MPEG2 video (around 14 GB) and computer hangs within few minute. I checked that processor starts getting very hot. PC is AMD and Windows 10. Is it a PC issue or Windows 10 issue. Earlier I had Win 7 but never got chance to split a Big Video on...