Windows 10: PC freeze frequently

Discus and support PC freeze frequently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some days ago I updated Windows 10 with some updates, I don't know if that's the reason but after that I had various problems, but the biggest problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TSiOX, Sep 6, 2019.

1. TSiOX Win User

PC freeze frequently

Some days ago I updated Windows 10 with some updates, I don't know if that's the reason but after that I had various problems, but the biggest problem is that the pc frequently freeze for some seconds, about every hour or around 30 min interval. It doesn't matter if I got a heavy software running or just have some folders open, it comes anyhow.

In Event viewer it says "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" (Event ID: 4101). Also that my devices that's connected to my motherboard got reconnected.

Today I cleaned my pc with air duster but that didn't help as expected.

Is there anyone that can help me out with this?

PC info (ask more if needed):

Dropbox link

Thank you.

// TSiOX

:)

TSiOX, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 6, 2019
  3. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Sep 6, 2019
  4. PC freeze frequently

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

PC freeze frequently

1. PC freeze frequently - Similar Threads - freeze frequently

2. Frequent freezes of 5-10 seconds in any video-conference app Zoom, Teams, GoogleMeet, WhatsApp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent freezes of 5-10 seconds in any video-conference app Zoom, Teams, GoogleMeet, WhatsApp.: I use video-conferencing a lot, primarily Zoom, but also Teams, WhatsApp, and Google Meet. All have a similar symptoms of 5-10 second freezes sometimes longer on intervals as short as 5 minutes, sometimes 10-15 minutes. I started running Task Manager / Resource Monitor on my...
  3. Frequent freezes of 5-10 seconds in any video-conference app Zoom, Teams, GoogleMeet, WhatsApp.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent freezes of 5-10 seconds in any video-conference app Zoom, Teams, GoogleMeet, WhatsApp.: I use video-conferencing a lot, primarily Zoom, but also Teams, WhatsApp, and Google Meet. All have a similar symptoms of 5-10 second freezes sometimes longer on intervals as short as 5 minutes, sometimes 10-15 minutes. I started running Task Manager / Resource Monitor on my...
  4. PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.

PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.: So recently in the last month or so my pc keeps getting blue screen'd or freezes randomly, usually right after I boot it up and I have no idea what's going on.I looked up any solutions to the BSOD codes I've got and most of them said that it's because of my drivers.So I tried...
  5. PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.: So recently in the last month or so my pc keeps getting blue screen'd or freezes randomly, usually right after I boot it up and I have no idea what's going on.I looked up any solutions to the BSOD codes I've got and most of them said that it's because of my drivers.So I tried...
  6. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically: I don't know what caused this, but my laptop is ALMOST UNUSABLE now. This problem occured almost every 3 hours. And the windows RARELY create a minidump after the freeze.But, here is 2 recent minidump that luckily...
  7. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically: I don't know what caused this, but my laptop is ALMOST UNUSABLE now. This problem occured almost every 3 hours. And the windows RARELY create a minidump after the freeze.But, here is 2 recent minidump that luckily...
  8. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...
  10. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...