Windows 10: PC Freeze on Heavy use/streaming w/ Gaming

Discus and support PC Freeze on Heavy use/streaming w/ Gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have being suffering a slew of issues with my fairly new PC (12 months old). First off, I was getting multiple BSODs fairly regularly -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marktbde, Feb 25, 2021.

1. marktbde Win User

PC Freeze on Heavy use/streaming w/ Gaming

Hi all,

I have being suffering a slew of issues with my fairly new PC (12 months old). First off, I was getting multiple BSODs fairly regularly - usually there would either happen on startup or shutdown and then randomly during use, but not during gaming or intensive operations.

The BSODs were a mixture of:
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

N.B I still have these dump files from the crashes before the windows reinstall, if they are at all useful?

On the guidance of the IT support from the place I bought the PC, I reinstalled windows. This seemingly fixed the BSOD issue. However, just before I did this reinstall I started getting full PC freezes

When these freezes happen I am almost always playing a demanding game on screen 1 whilst watching YT video on fullscreen on the screen 2, or having just finished playing a game, the freeze will happen when streaming a video fullscreen (rare). The audio 'locks up' on whatever sound was being broadcast right that second and sounds like a lawnmower, the fans go like clappers, then the PC will restart. I do not actually see the BSOD screen when this happens. This has now been continuing fairly regularly (with more frequency even) since the fresh windows install. I have tried the below steps:

- remove all USB devices
    - driver verifier
    - monitoring all hardware temps (RAM getting to about 50, is this OK?)
    - clean windows install
    - SFC scan and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    - memtest86 - no errors
    - DDU uninstall in safe mode then reinstall display drivers - this was the most promising step - it gave me hope and seemingly stopped the restarts for about 36 hours, with lots of stress testing. But then they reappeared, albeit in a slightly different fashion - see below.
    - update RealTek PCIe GbE family controller driver - I haven't tested if this fixed it because I only just did this after some googling mentioned that this might fix the the last BSOD I had (DPC watchdog violation) when it was crashing during YT vids

Before I DDU'd and reinstalled the driver, I could recreate the issue by running a 3D mark benchmark or by playing a demanding game (BF1) and also having Chrome open whilst on YT or Netflix, i.e. viewing a video fullscreen on the 2nd screen. Once I realised I could recreate it by putting the PC under stress I figured it was a hardware issue. I then read about the reliability monitor and checked it. This is where I saw the LiveKernelEvent errors 117 and 141. Here is a screencap of the logs but I'm sure your Log Collector will have this information. All but one of the hardware errors in this example is 141.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet < here are screens of the reliability monitor.

After running DDU and putting the new driver in, whilst the freeze is the same audio lockup nightmare coupled with the fans and the restart, the PC will then restart and all I will see is a command prompt screen with the flashing input "_" on the screen. I will then have to restart and the PC will boot normally BUT my windows display HDR will have turned back on AND the display settings will have reset on the game I was playing whilst the crash happened (BF1). This has happened in both the crashes since the DDU 'fix'. There is also nothing in the reliability monitor other than 'windows was not properly shut down', and no minidump file being created.

I've included my V2 log, I hope someone can make sense of this. My gut says hardware but I am praying that's not the case.

Thank you!

OS Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)

DESKTOP-I61RQPE-(2021-02-25_22-24-08).zip

:)

marktbde, Feb 25, 2021

2. xbox game streaming not working on pc

Thanks for responding, i have already tried everything in that forum article and the phone support has tried everything with me too

things that i tried:

• changing wifi networks
    • resetting my computer
    • reinstalling the Xbox app
    • resetting the Xbox
    • changing just about every setting in the Xbox and the Xbox app
    • changing settings in the router
    • reinstalling drivers on my computer
    • using different controllers
    Also when I open the Xbox app on my pc sometimes i am able to connect when the Xbox is turned on but not if it is off(it is set to instant on), but once I'm connected i can test game streaming and it will say all good but when i actually go to use it the
    app just crashed with no error code.

Also i do not know if this is related or not but the home screen in the Xbox app just shows "something went wrong while loading this info" and whenever i try to view my friends captures the app will crash and I've also found out that the app will just freeze
    up when i try to join a party.

zackster900000q, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Lagging while streaming games from xb1 to windows 10 pc

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. Sorry to hear about your issue with lag while streaming. That can be super frustrating. You may wish to try the following steps to see if it helps clear things up and get them running smoothly. For best results,
    try them in order to see which works best for you.

1. If possible, connect both your Xbox One console and your PC over a wired Ethernet connection.
    2. If a wired connection isn’t possible, try lowering the quality level. For information on how to change your quality, see

How to use game streaming in the Xbox app on Windows 10
    3. To try to improve your game streaming experience, see
      Improve Xbox app for Windows 10 game streaming performance
    4. Finally, try the Test streaming option for additional suggestions for your specific network configuration:
      • Select Connection, select your Xbox One console, and then select
        Test streaming. The Xbox app will test the streaming connection and report its results.

I hope that this helps out and please let us know the results!

XBF Amber M, Feb 25, 2021
  4. PC Freeze on Heavy use/streaming w/ Gaming

Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

PC Freeze on Heavy use/streaming w/ Gaming

1. PC Freeze on Heavy use/streaming w/ Gaming - Similar Threads - Freeze Heavy streaming

2. Computer freezing during heavy game play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing during heavy game play: Currently I am having an issue with games like Destiny 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider freezing the entire computer, after about 10 minutes. Time Spy benchmark doesn't. Neither does Superposition or Heaven. Usually no BSOD, just video and audio freeze. It did complete a...
  3. Computer freezing during heavy game play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing during heavy game play: Currently I am having an issue with games like Destiny 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider freezing the entire computer, after about 10 minutes. Time Spy benchmark doesn't. Neither does Superposition or Heaven. Usually no BSOD, just video and audio freeze. It did complete a...
  4. Computer freezing during heavy game play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC reboots during heavy gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  6. PC reboots during heavy gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  7. PC reboots during heavy gaming

8. BSOD while heavy use of pc

BSOD while heavy use of pc: Hello, I've build a new pc recently and have been having some issues. When I first built it, and while trying to play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I kept getting BSODs. I followed some info online it was a couple of weeks ago and don't remember what I did besides updating some...
  9. PC FREEZE ON HEAVY TASKS

PC FREEZE ON HEAVY TASKS: My laptop is freezes then gives a bsod when i try to open an heavy task Gaming, coding, 3D design etc. I got two bsod error. First one is: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE _ERROR Second one is: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION I read that this errors are most probably from hardware reather...
  10. PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming

PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming: Greetings all, I've been having a very strange issue with my build which I can't seem to fix, if you've got any advice or experience with how I can fix it, it would be much appreciated. Basically what happens is during a gaming session my PC will randomly freeze at an...