Windows 10: PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch

Discus and support PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Looks like your GPU has cooling issues, is this also when under normal load? Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by toar4ever, Aug 18, 2016.

1. axe0 New Member

PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch

Looks like your GPU has cooling issues, is this also when under normal load?

2. toar4ever Win User

Under normal load it's usually 50-59 C, while gaming it goes into 70-80, but under this full load it does indeed go into the 90C range. But according to the nVidia site the maximum temperature is 98C, so even if it is indeed a bit hot it shouldn't be that big of a problem right?

toar4ever, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Grom0X Win User
    Which version of VBIOS (GPU BIOS)?

Grom0X, Aug 27, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Depends on how much space you have in your case

5. toar4ever Win User
    You mean this info right? Version 84.4.36.0.f1 ?
    Attachment 98614

toar4ever, Aug 27, 2016
  6. Grom0X Win User
    Grom0X, Aug 27, 2016
  7. toar4ever Win User
    Currently running some HD Tune Error Scans, both my SSDs have returned without errors and health is "Ok". But I'm now scanning one of my two HDDs and it's 43:00 minutes in but at the start it already found 2 damaged blocks.
    Attachment 98626

This could actually be something here, because this is the drive where my Overwatch, CSGO and DOTA2 are located. I also use nVidia ShadowPlay quite a lot to save some highlights of, the temporary recording is on my SSD, but once I push the save button it saves to this HDD that currently has 2 damaged blocks. I'll let you know once I've finished testing if more stuff happens.

toar4ever, Aug 27, 2016
  8. toar4ever Win User

Okay I was actually hoping that the HDD was the culprit, but after removing it I have just crashed again (for the first time in 48 hours).
    Attachment 98973
    I'm gonna test the RAM tonight and leave the PC on during the night since those tests usually take about 7-8 hours.
    As for updating the VBIOS, I just can't seem to do it, I should have the correct .ROM file from the website you provided me, I've tried disabling the Device in Device Manager but it just won't let me patch it.

toar4ever, Aug 29, 2016
  9. toar4ever Win User
    Attachment 99004
    I think I've found the problem with the flashing, it's just that there is no newer version available for me. I have the 84.04.36.00.F1 , which is the Gaming100ME version. There's just no newer version of that particular model available. All the other "newer" versions are for other types of MSI GTX970 cards, and I get the error of version mismatch on all of them.

toar4ever, Aug 29, 2016
  10. toar4ever Win User
    So yeah, currently bricked the card, gonna try and fix that saturday *Biggrin I'll update you guys then.

toar4ever, Aug 31, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Same risk is present with the motherboard BIOS, bricking. Fortunately I know much more about the motherboard BIOS *Smile

12. toar4ever Win User
    Successfully unbricked the card and got it updated to the lates VBIOS version available *Smile I'll let ya know what happens.

toar4ever, Sep 2, 2016
  13. toar4ever Win User

Was about to set the Topic to Solved tonight, but sadly got a BSOD *Sad Haven't had a crash/BSOD since the VBIOS update until just now.

toar4ever, Sep 7, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    I cannot find anything related to a BSOD except for an unexpected shutdown.

Please remove Driver Genius, as mentioned previously you don't need it.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Attachment 100620

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

15. toar4ever Win User
    I've already removed Driver Genius when you mentioned it, it seems there is still some left over files of that program somewhere then?
    Daemon Tools is now removed, and the SPTD image doesn't show for me PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch :p

toar4ever, Sep 8, 2016
Thema:

1. PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch - Similar Threads - Freeze while playing

2. Internet disconnects while playing Rocket League

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects while playing Rocket League: I keep getting brief internet disconnects only while playing Rocket League. Currently am running 4 computers off a 500 up/down connection all hardwired . While playing Rocket League on my main PC, the PC loses internet windows loses internet for the entire PC. It is very odd...
  3. Internet disconnects while playing Rocket League

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnects while playing Rocket League: I keep getting brief internet disconnects only while playing Rocket League. Currently am running 4 computers off a 500 up/down connection all hardwired . While playing Rocket League on my main PC, the PC loses internet windows loses internet for the entire PC. It is very odd...
  4. why does my internet crash while playing rocket league

why does my internet crash while playing rocket league: while playing rocket league i will sometimes type in the in-game chat and immediately my internet drops. is there a reason for that? it will happen sometimes on its own every now and then but i noticed i mostly happens while typing something in-game....
  5. I still can't play rocket league :

I still can't play rocket league :: I really need help with my game rocket league, I have the latest drivers for AMD on Windows 11, also the latest version & I tried to play on Steam but it doesn't work, then I tried this following options: 1. Verify the integrity files.2. Uninstall & install it again.3. Run...
  6. Rocket League freezing or crashing on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Rocket League freezing or crashing on Windows PC: [IMG]Rocket League is a popular game! Reportedly, the game is not working for some on their Windows 11/10 computers. If Rocket League is freezing or crashing on your computer, then follow the solutions mentioned here to resolve the issue. Why is Rocket League freezing and...
  7. BSOD while playing Rocket League

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing Rocket League: Hello. I had a BSOD while I was playing Rocket League: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I also had Discord opened with a stream. I suspect that maybe it's something with the cpu driver, but I am not sure. Can you guys help me interpret this dump file? Thank you. Microsoft R...
  8. PC Completely Freezes while playing Rocket League only

PC Completely Freezes while playing Rocket League only: There was a very similar post about this issue, however my issue looks different as I wasn't able to solve it. Here is that post: PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch Solved - Windows 10 Forums I followed some of the instructions there, ran the Driver Verifier, I...
  9. BSOD playing Rocket League, ARK

BSOD playing Rocket League, ARK: Hello everyone, I've been facing some issues while playing games for a while and now it is becoming more often. Sometimes when I was playing Rocket League or Albion Online, the entire computer did freeze and I had to force reboot, this was not so frequent and it was...
  10. BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch

BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch: I keep getting blue screens and I did my own basic research on the errors and have had no luck. If I could get some help on this it would be much appreciated. 62318