Windows 10: PC freeze

Discus and support PC freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, I just opened my pc then it was on desktop but it kept on loading like what you see in the cursor loading Icon. Then I reset my pc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ghersenn, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ghersenn Win User

PC freeze

Hi Microsoft, I just opened my pc then it was on desktop but it kept on loading like what you see in the cursor loading Icon. Then I reset my pc, opened event viewer and found this entry: Event Log Entry: System, volmgr, event ID. 46. How to fix this? Please help

:)

ghersenn, Feb 5, 2019

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Feb 5, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

PC freeze

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

PC freeze

1. PC freeze - Similar Threads - freeze

2. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  3. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  4. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10

Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. But it often freezes or bluescreens every 5 min, 30 times daily. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  6. Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. But it often freezes or bluescreens every 5 min, 30 times daily. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  7. Freezes and BSoDs on Asus 556u Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU

Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU: Hi, I have AMD Tuf gaming laptop, It has MUX Switch, so basically when I turn on a game it switches from APU to GPU, now I don't have problem when I'm playing the game but when I want to minimize it, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then goes on, but It does not...
  9. Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU: Hi, I have AMD Tuf gaming laptop, It has MUX Switch, so basically when I turn on a game it switches from APU to GPU, now I don't have problem when I'm playing the game but when I want to minimize it, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then goes on, but It does not...
  10. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc freeze