Windows 10: PC Freezes and completely deadlocks at random times with mouse able to move for a couple...

Discus and support PC Freezes and completely deadlocks at random times with mouse able to move for a couple... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, about a year ago I built my PC and it had been running great for a while. However, a couple months ago, my PC randomly froze. For a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kacper Letowski, Jun 24, 2020.

1. PC Freezes and completely deadlocks at random times with mouse able to move for a couple...

Hello, about a year ago I built my PC and it had been running great for a while. However, a couple months ago, my PC randomly froze. For a couple seconds though, I could move my mouse until that froze too. My PC responded to nothing and was completely deadlocked forcing me to restart. This continues to happen almost daily at random times. One thing to note is that it never does this when my PC is on idle, it happens only when in use.

I hoped that it would eventually go away, but it never had which is why I am typing here. If any of you have any suggestions on how to fix this extremely annoying issue, I am all ears. If not, could you redirect me to somewhere where someone can help me fix this?

Additionally my PC peripherals if you need it are the Corsair Strix Keyboard, a Razer Viper, and a Steel Series Arctic 7 headset.
    Here are my PC Parts:
    [PCPartPicker Part List]https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VHZ2cq

**CPU** [Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor]
    **CPU Cooler** [be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler]
    **Motherboard** [MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard]
    **Memory** [G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory]
    **Storage** [Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive]
    **Storage** [Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive]
    **Video Card** [NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Video Card]
    **Case** [Corsair Carbide 175R RGB ATX Mid Tower Case]
    **Power Supply** [Rosewill LEPTON 500 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply]

:)

Kacper Letowski, Jun 24, 2020
  2. bataraky Win User

Windows Random Complete Freeze

Greetings,

I recently did a fresh reinstall of my Windows due to some issues i had and after the reinstallation i've started experiencing some very annoying and very random freezes. It is indeed super random and i can't expect it, it freezes literally when doing anything
    including Gaming,Web browsing,Working in Photoshop,Watching movies etc. literally super random. It freezes completely and i'm forced to press a Restart button on my PC in order to get it working again. It's not a hardware issue for sure because in the past
    whenever i had a hardware issue it would just give me a BSOD with an error or it will say in Reliability history what was the issue but this time it just freezes completely and sound stops as well as the mouse cursor and keyboard. Before clean install i
    was using WIndows 10 1703 build i think and never had an issue but after installation of Win 10 1709 this issue started appearing and it's really annoying as i don't know when to expect it. Sometimes i use my PC for couple of days without any freezes and then
    suddenly it freezes randomly.

How can i fix this issue? Any help will be appreciated!

Kind Regards.

bataraky, Jun 24, 2020
  3. PC Keeps Freezing At Completely Random Times

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to disable the third party security software (if any installed) temporarily and check if it is cause to issue.

Disable Antivirus:

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the System maintenance
    troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all
      on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the
      System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Also, please refer to the link by Andre Da Costa on Windows 10 freeze which gives suggestions on how to troubleshoot on this scenario.

Windows 10 Installation Freeze

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 24, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

PC Freezes and completely deadlocks at random times with mouse able to move for a couple...

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

PC Freezes and completely deadlocks at random times with mouse able to move for a couple...

1. PC Freezes and completely deadlocks at random times with mouse able to move for a couple... - Similar Threads - Freezes completely deadlocks

2. Windows freezes but still able to move mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes but still able to move mouse: Whenever I play a game on my PC usually Valorant and I switch to a different application, both my screens freeze and I can’t see what is going on. My mouse moves fine while everything else freezes. Usually, I can still talk to people on Discord as I use Push to talk and I can...
  3. Windows freezes but still able to move mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes but still able to move mouse: Whenever I play a game on my PC usually Valorant and I switch to a different application, both my screens freeze and I can’t see what is going on. My mouse moves fine while everything else freezes. Usually, I can still talk to people on Discord as I use Push to talk and I can...
  4. PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor: I recently built a pc but it tends to become unresposive until i reset the whole computer, the mouse still works when it happens but nothing else does.If anyone has a solution for this please let me knowSpecsMotherboard- ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD AM4 latset BIOSCPU- AMD...
  5. PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes at random times but I can still move the cursor: I recently built a pc but it tends to become unresposive until i reset the whole computer, the mouse still works when it happens but nothing else does.If anyone has a solution for this please let me knowSpecsMotherboard- ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD AM4 latset BIOSCPU- AMD...
  6. PC Freezing/Deadlocking while Gaming

PC Freezing/Deadlocking while Gaming: Hey. So, Recently my pc started randomly Freezing and deadlocks. Lets say im gaming. It will Freeze. My mouse wont move and nothing on the keyboard will work. Also, All the rgb on my pc will freeze too. I mainly play Cod MW/Warzone, Cod CW and Minecraft. I always have to...
  7. New Pc has been deadlocking/ freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Pc has been deadlocking/ freezing randomly.: Its been like 3 weeks since I got my new pc, and randomly its been just freezing and forcing me to turn it off and back on. I had the store tech support do diagnostics on it and everything was fine, did ram test, and updated to windows 20h2. which afterward worked for 10 days...
  8. Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows freezes but I'm still able to move the mouse: This problem started a few days ago. What happens is that the pc freezes and I'm not able to click on anything, if I'm playing a video it keeps on sounding and I'm still able to move the mose. The only thing I can do to fix it is restarting the machine. My pc has these...
  9. PC randomly freezing, can't move mouse

PC randomly freezing, can't move mouse: So my PC will sometimes randomly freeze, where I can no longer move the mouse Can you please help me find what the source of the issue may be? thank you 90111
  10. random freezing when moving mouse to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    random freezing when moving mouse to taskbar: Windows 10 will now be available to the general public beginning 5/8/2018. Early release is available on 4/30/2018. The log files indicated the computer was/is having problems with BSOD. 1) See if you can find out the drivers that were installed using Iorbit or driver...