Windows 10: PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing

Discus and support PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I really need some help here. I have searched for days and tried every possible solution online and still nothing works. My PC is brand new,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PharaoahMonk, Nov 26, 2018.

1. PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing

Hi guys,

I really need some help here. I have searched for days and tried every possible solution online and still nothing works. My PC is brand new, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and after installing the video drivers for my Nvidia 1080TI (doesn't matter which ones, I've tried them all), my PC gets into a driver's conflict and the screen either starts flickering, either freezes at some point (I have to hard boot because nothing else works) or it's working but with great stuttering. Whenever I try to run a game or browse on youtube, it freezes and I can't do anything but reboot. At first I thought it was because Nvidia has it's own hdmi drivers installing, so I checked those off the list when installing the video driver, didn't work. then I thought it was Realtek drivers, so I blocked them from automatically installing on windows, didn't work. the problem occurs only when I install the nvidia GPU drivers, it messes up somehow, I thought it was the hdmi audio controller that binds the monitor to my gpu, so I switched it off. because my monitor gets autodetected and it has it's own hdmi output for the build in speakers. the only time when it seemed to work was when I had the Realtek audio drivers installed, then downgraded them to the Microsoft generic audio drivers, blocked windows from autoupdating them to Realtek again, and uninstalled and disabled the nvidia HD audio drivers that connected my monitor. I could run the games then but after a while I think windows autodetects my monitor HDMI output and tries to update it or configure it and that creates sound stuttering ingames to the point that it becomes almost impossible to play. I cannot figure it out. Should I install the Realtek drivers and keep the hdmi to my Acer Predator monitor (because to be honest I like sometimes to put it on the monitor speakers and listen to youtube or watch a movie so I don't want to lose this option), I cannot use the headphones only all the time, that's my only source of sound. I think the problem is between my Nvidia drivers, the monitor HDMI output and the windows generic audio drivers. I don't know which creates problem. Trying to run only with the generic drivers, and no nvidia audio drivers, doesn't work also. So my motherboard is MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (tho my wifi card is not plugged in) and my GPU is a Geforce 1080 TI, running on Windows 10 PRO x64. I know windows tries to autoupdate itself so sometimes that creates problem but even when I switched all that off, I still had issues.

:)

PharaoahMonk, Nov 26, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 26, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 26, 2018
  4. PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing

Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing

1. PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing - Similar Threads - freezes crashes restarts

2. PC crashes/restarts itself when not playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes/restarts itself when not playing a game: I've never experienced such a problem before and not entirely sure what the problem is.If I don't have a game running, the PC will either hard crash screen frozen as if blue screen, but pc is not making weird noises or it restarts itself. After losing my mind I decided to try...
  3. PC crashes/restarts itself when not playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes/restarts itself when not playing a game: I've never experienced such a problem before and not entirely sure what the problem is.If I don't have a game running, the PC will either hard crash screen frozen as if blue screen, but pc is not making weird noises or it restarts itself. After losing my mind I decided to try...
  4. PC crashes/restarts itself when not playing a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My PC crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes and restarts when playing games.: I have acquired a dmp file, shown below. Please help!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\042623-10875-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  6. My PC crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC crashes and restarts when playing games.: I have acquired a dmp file, shown below. Please help!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\042623-10875-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  7. Playing games crashes and restarts PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playing games crashes and restarts PC: Issue When playing or installing game my system will fully crash, sometimes giving me a BSOD. This only happens with some games, and then only sometimes. I've tested games like Apex Legends and Frostpunk, which only sometimes give a crash, and with Minecraft (Java), which has...
  8. Pc freezed randomly when playing game mostly then restarts

Pc freezed randomly when playing game mostly then restarts: Hello, I recently came accross a problem with my pc, it's a custom build and everything was fine until about a month ago, my pc would restart when I exited a game or it would restart when I played it. It freezes for like 10 seconds then restarts and takes forever to start up...
  9. pc freezing when playing games

pc freezing when playing games: hi i will need your help on what to do,whenever i play games like watch dogs2, gta 5 and sleeping dogs on my pc it keeps freezing and cracking. ive tried everything i could but the problem persit.what do i do?...
  10. Freeze then crash when playing games...

Freeze then crash when playing games...: Hi! I've just built myself a new pc, but everytime i game, the game freezes then crashes (for the most part to desktop without an error, but sometimes also dxgi-error and again with bsod). Anthem - BF V - Metro Exodus - Total War Three Kingdoms Most recently it just shut...