Windows 10: pc freezes and everything turns off

Discus and support pc freezes and everything turns off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Salos_8715, Dec 1, 2021.

1. pc freezes and everything turns off

Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc screen is still frozen and the pc is still running normally sometimes the monitor turns off aswell , then i tried finding much solutions as possible to fix what has been happening I uninstalled the app that i think was creating the problem and that didn't fix it i took it to a shop to see if they could fix it and they weren't

:)

Salos_8715, Dec 1, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 1, 2021
  3. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Dec 1, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

pc freezes and everything turns off

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

pc freezes and everything turns off

1. pc freezes and everything turns off - Similar Threads - freezes everything turns

2. PC freezes and the screen turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and the screen turns off: In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing this question. When it happens I'm usually playing games, even games with low system requirements but then all of a sudden the...
  3. PC freezes and the screen turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and the screen turns off: In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing this question. When it happens I'm usually playing games, even games with low system requirements but then all of a sudden the...
  4. Turned on PC and everything is different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turned on PC and everything is different: I turned on my windows 10 pc this morning and everything was completely different than yesterday. I had to set everything up as if it was a new pc. Several things don't work including the microsoft store and the photos app. I did a few things with Chrome and other apps but...
  5. Turned on PC and everything is different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned on PC and everything is different: I turned on my windows 10 pc this morning and everything was completely different than yesterday. I had to set everything up as if it was a new pc. Several things don't work including the microsoft store and the photos app. I did a few things with Chrome and other apps but...
  6. Turned on PC and everything is different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  8. PC freezes after screen turns off and/or PC not sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC freezes after screen turns off and/or PC not sleeping: I am posting this to help people that are having sleep/wake issues. I had the following cases when I returned to my laptop after a period of time: 1 Power lamp is blinking. This tells me the PC went to sleep properly and it always wakes up properly. 2 Power lamp is lit but...
  9. PC freezing and monitor turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezing and monitor turning off: Sometimes at random my PC freezes, and then about 10 seconds later the monitor turns off. It often isn't under much pressure (about 5 browser tabs and a text editor), it hasn't happened while gaming. The only way to recover it is to press the reset button, and it reboots and...
  10. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.: hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere stops responding and the hard drive light turns off, then after 30 seconds or so it starts blinking again and everything...