Windows 10: PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

Discus and support PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GaudiestWalk554, Feb 6, 2023.

1. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes i've done SFC /scannow what ever it wasand dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but both said "theres no corrupted files and im out of ideas ive delt with this before but forgot how i did it just someone help please

:)

GaudiestWalk554, Feb 6, 2023

2. My PC lags if I don't force shutdown by holding the power button

My version number is 19042.867

This is what happens:
    If I normally shut down the PC through the Windows panel, when I turn it on again it lags.
    By lagging, I mean that every second, it freezes for a few frames. But not only the screen, audio as well.
    The only way for that not to happen is if I hold down the power button on my desktop until it forces shut-down.
    I'm pretty newbie at this, so if you need any logs or something like that, just let me know how to get them.

gregorio236, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Smitty W. Win User
    Unplugging power cord and holding the power button. PC won't turn on

Okay so I attempted to fix a Windows 10 usb problem by following a month old forum. The instructions were:

1. Unplug the power cord from desktop computer.
    2. Hold in the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds until the light goes off. This kills the reserve power.
    3. Unplug all of your USB cords from the back of your machine as well as any flash drive or any other USB
      device that is plugged into your computer.
    4. Insert the power plug back into your computer and power it up. Allow it to completely load everything
      that it needs to before you do anything else.
    5. Now start plugging your USB devices back into your computer one at a time while waiting for them to
      indicate that they are recognized. Do this with each one of your devices until all have been recognized.
    6. Now right/click on computer or This PC and choose Manage / Device Manager /USB Serial Controllers and
      check to see if any of them have the yellow tag. They should not have if the problem is corrected.

Unfortunately I only got to Step 4, when I press the power button nothing turns on. So now I'm at a complete loss. The only thing that seems to turn on though, would be the lights to my led keyboard when I plug it in. Anyways, how do I fix/turn on my PC again?

Here's a link to the forum: Unknown USB device in Windows 10

Smitty W., Feb 6, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

1. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button - Similar Threads - freezes flashes colors

2. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  3. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  4. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button: It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes i've done SFC /scannow what ever it wasand dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but both said "theres no corrupted files...
  5. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button: It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes i've done SFC /scannow what ever it wasand dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but both said "theres no corrupted files...
  6. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  7. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  8. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My PC lags if I don't force shutdown by holding the power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC lags if I don't force shutdown by holding the power button: My version number is 19042.867 This is what happens: If I normally shut down the PC through the Windows panel, when I turn it on again it lags. By lagging, I mean that every second, it freezes for a few frames. But not only the screen, audio as well. The only way for that not...
  10. PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button: Hi, My computer has been having problem shutdown completely. Whenever I clicked “shutdown”, the screen would turn dark, but the PC was still running because I could hear the fan, and my headset’s light was on (usually when it was completely shutdown, the light of the...