Windows 10: PC freezes and I can't use it

Discus and support PC freezes and I can't use it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a pc that freezes every time I use it, I turn it on, it boots, windows launches and after a few minutes it freezes for no reason, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mostafa OsamaAK, Sep 25, 2022.

1. PC freezes and I can't use it

Hello, I've got a pc that freezes every time I use it, I turn it on, it boots, windows launches and after a few minutes it freezes for no reason, and when I force shut down and turn it back on, it freezes while the windows are loading, PC is completely useless because when it freezes I can't move my mouse, use the keyboard or anything, it's just frozen. If anyone could please help me because I've tried several solutions like reinstalling my windows, changing the HDD, and even resetting the bios, but nothing worked.

:)

Mostafa OsamaAK, Sep 25, 2022

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Sep 25, 2022
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

PC freezes and I can't use it

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Thema:

PC freezes and I can't use it

1. PC freezes and I can't use it - Similar Threads - freezes can't

2. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?: For the last 2–3 days my computer has been doing this thing where I'll be in a game, watching YouTube, or downloading something; where it causes my mouse to just stop responding while it's still on, and I can't hear my computer audio, but I can hear the sound it makes when I...
  3. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?: For the last 2–3 days my computer has been doing this thing where I'll be in a game, watching YouTube, or downloading something; where it causes my mouse to just stop responding while it's still on, and I can't hear my computer audio, but I can hear the sound it makes when I...
  4. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 PC freezes when using an app, mouse still moves but can't click any other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC freezes when using an app, mouse still moves but can't click any other apps: Hi,I've been having this problem the last couple weeks where my PC freezes while using an app full screen and usually while it is idle on that one app. For example, I will be using Chrome for a little while and suddenly I'm unable to click on other apps like Discord, Spotify...
  6. Windows 10 PC freezes when using an app, mouse still moves but can't click any other apps

Windows 10 PC freezes when using an app, mouse still moves but can't click any other apps: Hi,I've been having this problem the last couple weeks where my PC freezes while using an app full screen and usually while it is idle on that one app. For example, I will be using Chrome for a little while and suddenly I'm unable to click on other apps like Discord, Spotify...
  7. Windows 10 PC freezes when using an app, mouse still moves but can't click any other apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them: My PC is freezing randomly the past few days. No BSOD but the screen, cursor and clock freeze. It happens while reading emails, or scrolling through Facebook, or even when the PC is idle with just a screen protector running. The only way out is pressing the power button. I've...
  9. PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them

PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them: My PC is freezing randomly the past few days. No BSOD but the screen, cursor and clock freeze. It happens while reading emails, or scrolling through Facebook, or even when the PC is idle with just a screen protector running. The only way out is pressing the power button. I've...
  10. Windows keeps freezing I use it and I don't know why. I can't even update the graphics driver

Windows keeps freezing I use it and I don't know why. I can't even update the graphics driver: I got a new Geekom Air12 it has a Alder Lake N100, Intel UHD Graphics. 16GB of Ram which is probably enough to stop it from freezing but it always freezes randomly. Is there a way I can fix it? I already tried to refresh my Graphics driver with Windows + Ctrl + Shift B but...