Windows 10: PC freezes and reboots when streaming to twitch or youtube

Discus and support PC freezes and reboots when streaming to twitch or youtube in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently had issues streaming online with Twitch Studio or OBS Studio. After 30-45 minutes my pc will freeze then reboot. I can play without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by S1apchop, Nov 19, 2020.

1. S1apchop Win User

PC freezes and reboots when streaming to twitch or youtube

I've recently had issues streaming online with Twitch Studio or OBS Studio. After 30-45 minutes my pc will freeze then reboot. I can play without streaming all day without issues. I can even stream through steam or discord without issues.

Here's what I know. The issue is not heat or power related. I've reinstalled video drivers and my wifi nic drivers both from the manufacturer and ran a memory test.

I looked at my event viewer and can see an error logged at the time of the crash and it was put in a dmp file. I launched bluescreen reader and can see the crash was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. I installed WinDBG and I'm starting to get lost.

Can someone that has more knowledge of WinDbg look at my dmp file and see what is going on?
    Dropbox - 111920-4687-01.dmp - Simplify your life

Thanks in advance

:)

S1apchop, Nov 19, 2020

2. Question in regards to Twitch streaming platform.

So. Have been using Twitch for a year now with no problems. Watching on my tablet.

I just finished building my streaming PC and was finalizing my setup. Downloaded Twitch and entered my sign in information. Twitch is telling me I need a code that they are sending SMS to me for me to log in. Easy enough right?

I do not have my old phone number anymore or have access to old phone. So from there you need to request a new phone number transfer or something like that from a 3rd party app. To complete this transaction you need a QR code from Twitch.com that I can only
    get from being signed in to Twitch. Can't sign into Twitch without the new number change thing, that I can't change number thing with out QR code from Twitch. I am stuck in a messed up hole of poo. And I can't find answers anyware on how to nullify the proble..
    can anyone help please?

StubblyRumble, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Make twitch the main streaming service on xbox 1 please

Sorry. You're in the wrong place. Xbox suggestions/feedback should be posted here:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas

Don

Don Varnau, Nov 19, 2020
  4. roxaim Win User

Windows 10 freeze and then hard reboot

Spec

OS

So this already happened from a long time, not just after Fall Creators Update. The freeze happened at random times, but I noticed that whenever I watch Youtube or Twitch most of the times it will freeze. The whole PC freeze and then after a minute it will auto reboot. It occured when I just browsing or working or gaming too.

What I've already done :

• Fresh Windows installation (didn't work)
    • chkdsk (nothing wrong)
    • sfc scannow (nothing wrong)
    • memtest (nothing wrong)
    • changing browser in case Chrome is the culprit (still froze)
    • disabling hardware acceleration (didn't work)
    • looking for crash dump (found nothing at C:\Windows\Minidump and can't find MEMORY.DMP either)
    • looking at reliability monitor (only lists "Windows was not properly shut down" at the time of freeze)

I also tried using CrystalDiskInfo and noticed something. One of my HDD information is missing. The other HDD is fine though. On speccy screenshot above, the temperature of this HDD is also missing. Could it be the culprit?

Thanks for the help.

roxaim, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. PC freezes and reboots when streaming to twitch or youtube - Similar Threads - freezes reboots streaming

2. pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 12/12/2023 16:50:17 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-DMRI7KR Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This...
  3. pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 12/12/2023 16:50:17 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-DMRI7KR Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This...
  4. I cannot play livestreams youtube-streams/twitch or Netflix on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot play livestreams youtube-streams/twitch or Netflix on my Laptop: I have a Laptop,Asus TUF Gaming f15 fx506hm,Windows 10 Pro N.Normal Youtube-Videos are playing usually, but Twitch-Streams show a #4000 Error and Netflix tells me my Firefox is outdated, which Firefox itsselft sais it is up to date.I have tried emptying the browser cache,...
  5. I cannot play livestreams youtube-streams/twitch or Netflix on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot play livestreams youtube-streams/twitch or Netflix on my Laptop: I have a Laptop,Asus TUF Gaming f15 fx506hm,Windows 10 Pro N.Normal Youtube-Videos are playing usually, but Twitch-Streams show a #4000 Error and Netflix tells me my Firefox is outdated, which Firefox itsselft sais it is up to date.I have tried emptying the browser cache,...
  6. I cannot play livestreams youtube-streams/twitch or Netflix on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC keeps crashing into a black screen, or freezing when watching videos, Youtube, Twitch, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps crashing into a black screen, or freezing when watching videos, Youtube, Twitch, etc.: Hello,few ago my PC started to crash to a black screen randomly while I'm watching videos, or Youtube, or use cloud gaming services which is basically the same as watching videos - it never happens while playing games, or during anything that requires the dedicated graphics....
  8. PC freezes when watching streaming shows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC freezes when watching streaming shows.: I have a Gaming PC with 12GB RAM, i7- AMD R9 GPU so i have plenty of power, I added SPEED FAN to check my CPU heat and it is at 102C. This keeps happening while I am watching a show on Peacock or You Tube. I have to hard shut down and restart. Are there any known issues...
  9. BSOD after watching streaming platforms twitch, youtube and while trying to install windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after watching streaming platforms twitch, youtube and while trying to install windows...: Hello. I have been getting BSOD after watching streams on twitch and even while watching youtube videos sometimes and it happend while I tried to install windows update KB4549951. This is a PC I bought new 4 months ago. I have been searching for an answer but couldn't find...
  10. my videos stream are lagging (youtube and twitch)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my videos stream are lagging (youtube and twitch): i need help. when i watch youtuber videos or twitch video keeps lagging even when i lower the quality of the source (130p). the audio is fine (now) the video isn't in sync with the audio and just jumps where the audio is. my windows is up-to-date so is my anti virus just...