Windows 10: Pc freezes and requires hard boot.

Discus and support Pc freezes and requires hard boot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently I have been experiences crashes with my PC. My screen completely freezes, and I hear a notification sound in the background. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanUrbanovsky, May 7, 2020.

1. Pc freezes and requires hard boot.

So recently I have been experiences crashes with my PC. My screen completely freezes, and I hear a notification sound in the background. I have tried to get minidump files, but there are none. I have the latest graphics card drivers. I also have the latest windows update accept for the KB4550945. I have a small suspicion it might be the Realtek audio device interfering with my graphics card but I don't know. In the reliability monitor, I get a few critical events every time I crash. The one that's there every time is desktop window manager stopped working.

APPCRASH

Application Name: dwm.exe

Application Version: 10.0.18362.387

Application Timestamp: 8e064b77

Fault Module Name: StackHash_7f4f

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: e0464645

Exception Offset: PCH_C7_FROM_KERNELBASE+0x00000000000FF97F

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 7f4f

Additional Information 2: 7f4f3d90dbcb9bd946b480dc62d37386

Additional Information 3: 6edf

Additional Information 4: 6edfe0cfa8bc7acf68d7044a634ecd18

There is also an Invidia share crash and windows explorer crash.

:)

NathanUrbanovsky, May 7, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing / stalling the PC requiring Hard re-boot

Hi Christian,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your computer is freezing and need to hard restart.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party applications.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 7, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, May 7, 2020
  4. Vykis Win User

Pc freezes and requires hard boot.

Windows freezes that require hard reset

Thank you for reply I got BSOD this morning when booting ant this is what your suggested program shows. All I found on google is that hal.dll is connected to windows xp or boot.ini so that makes no sense, I suppose this file is corrupted so should I change it manually by getting dll from internet or there is another way to fix it? also ntosknl.exe so it point to my RAM?

Pc freezes and requires hard boot. [​IMG]

Vykis, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Pc freezes and requires hard boot.

1. Pc freezes and requires hard boot. - Similar Threads - freezes requires hard

2. PC freezes often, requires a hard reboot to get started again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes often, requires a hard reboot to get started again.: Hello everyone,I recently less than a month ago purchased a new PC. The specs are the following:OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro System Model: B760 AORUS ELITE DDR4 Processor: 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-13400F, 2500 Mhz, 10 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date:...
  3. PC freezes often, requires a hard reboot to get started again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes often, requires a hard reboot to get started again.: Hello everyone,I recently less than a month ago purchased a new PC. The specs are the following:OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro System Model: B760 AORUS ELITE DDR4 Processor: 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-13400F, 2500 Mhz, 10 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date:...
  4. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  5. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  6. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 Freezes - Requires Hard Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes - Requires Hard Shutdown: I wake up the computer monitor asleepI go to the open Chrome browser.I try to reload one of the open tabs.I notice I can't click on anything else on the desktop.I close Chrome.I can move the mouse cursor freely, but cannot click anything.I notice the cursor turns to a loading...
  8. Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a...: Unreal games i’ve tested include Rising Storm 2, Killing Floor 2, Fortnite, Outerworlds, etc. cause my PC to stop sending signal to my monitor makes my fans go crazy. I thought the problem may be overheating, but I actively measure my temps while playing games and everything...
  9. Hard freezing hard reboot required

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard freezing hard reboot required: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to: i7-8700k MSI Tomahawk G.Skill Trident 2x8GB 3200 Ever since I did the upgrade and fresh installed Windows 10 to my SSD, I've been having quite a few problems with this build, My computer sometimes maybe once a day hard freezes to the...
  10. Windows freezes that require hard reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows freezes that require hard reset: Hello, I am just going to take you through what happened and what I have done. A week ago I was playing games on steam and just went AFK for the day and when I came back in the evening I tried to launch a game (RUST) and it just didn't load and soon game was not...