Windows 10: PC freezes anywhere from 1-5 seconds while gaming

Discus and support PC freezes anywhere from 1-5 seconds while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a pretty decent PC, 1080ti gfx card, 8700k cpu, 256G ssd, 1tb HDD. When playin Star Wars Battlefront II and Escape from tarkov, or any game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by macdadz, Jan 29, 2019.

1. macdadz Win User

PC freezes anywhere from 1-5 seconds while gaming

I have a pretty decent PC, 1080ti gfx card, 8700k cpu, 256G ssd, 1tb HDD. When playin Star Wars Battlefront II and Escape from tarkov, or any game rather, my pc will sometime freeze from 1-5 seconds then resume as normal. I've defrag, cleaned up, unistalled a lot of games, done what I know to clean my PC, but these freezes still happen. Can anyone help, When i get home i can possible post a video of whats happening.

:)

macdadz, Jan 29, 2019
  2. PT
    pt Win User

5 seconds freezes

hey
    since the other days i was messing with the inside of the putter after i turned it on from time to time (random) i get a freeze for about 5 seconds, then all comes back to normal, i have no clue why the f@ck this is happening, but online games crash when it happens, and other games is terrible anoying, any ideas?

Ps: everything freezes, screen, sound does a 1 sec loop, numlock doesn't work, nothing

thanks

3. All games freeze a lot every few seconds

Hi,

System and game freezing may arise due to corrupted and incompatible device drivers. For us to properly assist you in rectifying this unusual behavior, we would like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the freezing start?
    • Is this issue confined to game freezing only, or is it affecting the overall performance of your computer?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Are there any third party software installed on your PC?
    • Aside from reverting the NVIDIA drivers to the previous version, what other steps have you taken so far?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 29, 2019
  4. gulliwog Win User

PC micro-freezing during or after gaming

I need helping diagnsing a freezing problem with my PC. This only seems to happen during or just after playing Left4Dead2. My PC will start to freeze completely for a quarter to one second at a time, every 1-5 seconds or so... the mouse cursor will block and completely stop moving on the screen and everything else seems to freeze too. I think this is a software issue as restarting will always fix it and it only ever happens after gaming, but how can I find the origin of the problem?!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to monitor and/or find the origin of the problem? I am at a loss as how to get more info. I can see spikes in the task monitor, but only tells me what I already know. I have had this problem for a while now and really want to find a solution. Any help would be great.

gulliwog, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. PC freezes anywhere from 1-5 seconds while gaming - Similar Threads - freezes anywhere seconds

2. PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.: When playing video games, my pc will freeze and shutdown. I've already tried resetting the PC but it didn't fix the Issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-for-5-seconds-then-shutsdown/a0a66ed2-eb22-4478-8986-11b2b44b9f7e
  3. PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes for 5 seconds then shutsdown.: When playing video games, my pc will freeze and shutdown. I've already tried resetting the PC but it didn't fix the Issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-for-5-seconds-then-shutsdown/a0a66ed2-eb22-4478-8986-11b2b44b9f7e
  4. Pc freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freeze while gaming: hello! i need help! My pc freeze while gaming and reboot automaticaly.I5 10400f3070 msi gaming z trio16gb ramssd adata falcon ssd western green2 hddmother asus prime b460m-a update all drivers, update bios, and the error persist....
  5. Pc freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freeze while gaming: hello! i need help! My pc freeze while gaming and reboot automaticaly.I5 10400f3070 msi gaming z trio16gb ramssd adata falcon ssd western green2 hddmother asus prime b460m-a update all drivers, update bios, and the error persist....
  6. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  9. Games Freezing for 3 to 5 seconds RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Freezing for 3 to 5 seconds RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64: Hi Since July I have started to be confronted with an issue in games which causes the game to freeze for about 3 to 5 seconds and this happens randomly throughout gameplay with gaps of every 5 seconds to every 1 or 2 minutes which makes the gameplay unenjoyable. I have...
  10. Games Freezing for 3 to 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Freezing for 3 to 5 seconds: Hi Since July I have started to be confronted with an issue in games which causes the game to freeze for about 3 to 5 seconds and this happens randomly throughout gameplay with gaps of every 5 seconds to every 1 or 2 minutes which makes the gameplay unenjoyable. I have...