Windows 10: PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot

Discus and support PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes. Clue: Windows has just tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ship69 Win User

PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot

Hello
    My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes.
    Clue: Windows has just tried to install a "Cumulative update" and claimed to have completed it successfully.

- Any thoughts?

J

EDIT: I have attached the results of running "SFC /scannow" in a Command prompt with admin rights.CBS.zip

:)

ship69, Mar 27, 2017
  2. J5678 Win User

Windows 10 will not boot

More information .... after a few restarts without boot media, the blue screen with the "Critical process died" error, on restart 3, goes to "please wait" again, circle freezes after a little spin, and then black screen and dead again.

J5678, Mar 27, 2017
  3. joeturke Win User
    ERROR 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 !!!!!!!

My upgrade keeps failing during the first boot every single time. ive tries a clean boot,unplugged everything during install and even did a factory reset and still fails at the same point every time. It get to 30% on the screen with the big circle%,pc
    restarts..and freezes on the screen with a blue windows logo. Please help.

joeturke, Mar 27, 2017
  4. PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot

Im going to say something got botched and that is causing your issue.

Try a system restore if you are able. It sound like you are at least able to get into safe mode.

ArazelEternal, Mar 28, 2017
  5. Caledon Ken, Mar 28, 2017
  6. vnktrmn Win User
    Sounds like a system files corruption issue

Try to log into safe mode and run a sfc check.
    If you have enabled system protection on your OS installation drive, then a restore to an earlier date is possible.

vnktrmn, Mar 28, 2017
  7. ship69 Win User
    I fear the disk has become corrupted.
    I just tried to reboot and it didn't get further than the screen that just says "Samsung".
    But I hit the power button for 5 seconds and it rebooted again and this time it got to the photograph again but still now obvious way to actually log in.

ship69, Mar 28, 2017
  8. PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot

To get to the Advance Startup Options

Power on, when you see the circling dots press and hold power button until machine shuts off. Power on, same drill, see the dots power down.

On next power on you should get menu. Select troubleshooting.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

From here you can try restore mentioned above by another member, command prompt etc.

Ken ( I will be offline for a week )

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot

1. PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot - Similar Threads - freezes Restarting blue

2. Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.: Hello, my computer freezes while playing games, the screen will freeze up and no inputs work I have to hard restart.I do not get a blue screen and the sound will freeze as well and repeat itself. I thought it was my PSU but I installed my old one which I know is good and I...
  3. Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.: Hello, my computer freezes while playing games, the screen will freeze up and no inputs work I have to hard restart.I do not get a blue screen and the sound will freeze as well and repeat itself. I thought it was my PSU but I installed my old one which I know is good and I...
  4. Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC is booting to the login screen, freezes then blue screens.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC is booting to the login screen, freezes then blue screens.: Hello, I just bought my PC yesterday, and since then, my PC has been freezing then blue screening. I have tried to update my ssd, reinstall my gpu and cpu, and I have tried to search it up, but nothing has helped.Blue screen error code: DPC watchdog violationAlso sometimes...
  6. Blue screen of death during boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death during boot: Automatic repair locks up on blue screen. “Your PC did not start correctly”. Gigabyte GAZ77M-D3H motherboard Intel core i5 3570K Above are 8 years old and have never had any firmware updates. I attempted to overclock i5 which produced a very small increase in...
  7. Blue screen/ freeze and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen/ freeze and restart: My computer sometimes freezes and restarts. i followed this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 and this:...
  8. New PC freezing during boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC freezing during boot.: I’ve had Windows 10 for years and it never gave me any problems. But now I just bought a new motherboard and CPU and every time I boot it, it freezes on the Windows 10 loading screen after the spinning dots do about one rotation. I tried taking every nonessential component...
  9. Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot: Within the last few weeks, my PC started having an issue where it intermittently hangs at the blue windows logo during boot. About 50% of the time, it boots normally without hanging. The other 50% is a mixed bag. Sometimes it will boot fine after 1 or 2 hard resets. Other...
  10. During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting": Hello My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes. It has just tried to install a "Cumulative update" and claims to have completed it successfully. J 80364