Windows 10: PC freezes at startup after being left off for a while

Discus and support PC freezes at startup after being left off for a while in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting really desperate here. I have looked through countless forum posts and tried every solution I could find and the problem still persists. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArthurArlington, Nov 13, 2018.

1. PC freezes at startup after being left off for a while

I am getting really desperate here. I have looked through countless forum posts and tried every solution I could find and the problem still persists. I have run every troubleshooter I could find and it says everything is fine. I have reinstalled windows 2 times and reinstalled my graphics drivers as well.

Here's the issue in detail: When I leave the PC off and go to sleep for about 8 hours and try to boot it up, it will get to the login screen, the screen goes black for a second, then once the image comes back it's frozen. No sound or movement on screen even when trying to move the mouse. The only way to turn it off is to hold down the power button until it shuts off. After turning it back on it boots normally and doesn't freeze on the login screen anymore. I can even turn it off again normally, remove power cable, wait 20 min, plug everything back in and boot up again just fine. It only happens when I leave it off for a couple of hours.

I checked my HDD and it shows everything is normal. I checked for corrupt system files and there was no integrity errors.

I am willing to try anything I haven't tried at this point. Any suggestions? Let me know if I need to go into more detail.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 3.10GHz
    GPU: 2047MB NIVIDA GeForce GT 1030 (Gigabyte)
    MoBo: Hewlett-Packard 1495 (socket 0)
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 dual channel

:)

ArthurArlington, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 13, 2018
  3. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

PC freezes at startup after being left off for a while

Winbook TW802 freezes on startup!

Hi,

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

Do let us know if you are able to use your tablet. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

PC freezes at startup after being left off for a while

1. PC freezes at startup after being left off for a while - Similar Threads - freezes startup being

2. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  3. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  4. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repari but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  5. Pc Freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezes after startup: Hi my pc has been being weird lately. For a while it wouldn’t let me install the correct driver but a few days ago it finally seemed like everything was fine. Now, this morning I’ve tried to turn on my pc but as soon as I open a chrome tab it freezes and sends me to the bios...
  6. Pc Freezes after startup

Pc Freezes after startup: Hi my pc has been being weird lately. For a while it wouldn’t let me install the correct driver but a few days ago it finally seemed like everything was fine. Now, this morning I’ve tried to turn on my pc but as soon as I open a chrome tab it freezes and sends me to the bios...
  7. PC freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes after startup: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 on my new PC, but unfortunately after 2 days my PC freezes on startup and restarts and startup in BIOS, i cant see my NVME drive. After couple of restarts i came to Windows but after 30 seconds - 1 min it freezes again. I cant post a log...
  8. PC freezes after startup

PC freezes after startup: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 on my new PC, but unfortunately after 2 days my PC freezes on startup and restarts and startup in BIOS, i cant see my NVME drive. After couple of restarts i came to Windows but after 30 seconds - 1 min it freezes again. I cant post a log...
  9. PC freezes after being left idle for a few hours

PC freezes after being left idle for a few hours: Hi all, my computer has been 'freezing' after bring left idle ever since i updated to Windows Version 20H2. Actually it might not even be the update but I'm not quite sure what is the issue here also : Here's what happened: - Left computer on overnight, with google...
  10. PC freezes after being left idle

PC freezes after being left idle: Hey there, I have been having problems with my pc freezing after like 5 minutes or so when being left idle. I observed that when this happens the internet connection drops and completely locks up. When hard resetting, I have to change the mac address of my internet in order...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc freezes after a while