Windows 10: PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.

Discus and support PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having a bit of a problem latel. Sometimes when playing games, usually about 5-10 mins in, my PC freezes completely. No inputs work(keyboard or mouse),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertBowman1, Sep 13, 2018.

1. PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.

Having a bit of a problem latel. Sometimes when playing games, usually about 5-10 mins in, my PC freezes completely. No inputs work(keyboard or mouse), all sound stops, image freezes on screen, cant use ctrl+alt+del and I have to turn it off by holding power button down. Doesnt always happen. Was fine playing Destiny 2 for several hours without crash but had 4 today. Updated Windows and GfX drivers recently. I am not really tech savvy at all. Just want the PC working again. Pls help

:)

RobertBowman1, Sep 13, 2018
  2. monksalve Win User

Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63

Managed to solve this.

Seems like I had a couple issues. The power supply was on the fritz and C-States needed to be turned off in the bios.

I went through all the steps listed on this thread by @mileskb
    Windows 10 freezes randomly

I did change some of the power management settings in windows, but I had tried that before without results. It might have been a combination of C-States and power management.

monksalve, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Sep 13, 2018
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.

Sticky power button.

I had (still have actually) a Thermaltake Xaser case that had a power button that would get stuck. The plastic housing would get wedged sideways and hold the button down. I eventually just learned where/how to press it so it wouldn't get stuck.

If you don't mind chopping it up, you could try replacing it with something like a vandal resistant switch or a military switch. Any kind of momentary switch would do. Drill the appropriate sized hole and screw it in.

Thema:

PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button.

1. PC freezes completely when gaming. Have to switch off at power button. - Similar Threads - freezes completely gaming

2. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  3. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  4. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  5. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  6. PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart

PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart: Ryzen 7 3700xrx5700xt 16 gb 3200mhz memoryHey everyone, for a while now I’ve been trying to troubleshoot my freezing pc. It seems to only happen when I’m playing apex and not any other game. It occurs completely randomly, usually a little bit into the game and happens a...
  7. PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart: Ryzen 7 3700xrx5700xt 16 gb 3200mhz memoryHey everyone, for a while now I’ve been trying to troubleshoot my freezing pc. It seems to only happen when I’m playing apex and not any other game. It occurs completely randomly, usually a little bit into the game and happens a...
  8. PC completely freezes while gaming, have to hold power down and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Pc completely freezing while gaming. Have to turn off power button.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc completely freezing while gaming. Have to turn off power button.: I have been having this problem for a while now. First, it started when I tried to export videos on hit film, every time I would try it would freeze and I would have to shut it down. But the thing is before that it worked fine. The same thing happened with adobe premiere, it...
  10. Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Switch off PC without mouse clicking when press the Power Button: Hi, Please could someone point me to a way of making it so that when I press the Power Button on my Windows 10 desktop that the computer will power down without me having to click with the mouse to turn off various programs or clicking the "restart anyway" button that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my gaming pc just freezes completly and i have to hold the power button down