Windows 10: PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot

Discus and support PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I've had this issues for a few weeks now. Every time I play a video game now, after a while could be ten minutes, could be two hours, my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdnanNalic, Dec 4, 2021.

1. PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot

Hi everyone,I've had this issues for a few weeks now. Every time I play a video game now, after a while could be ten minutes, could be two hours, my PC will freeze, and I have to do a hard reboot, and then it'll freeze again right after I've logged into Windows. It usually happens when the game has to transition, for example in Vermintide it's always happened at the end of a level when you teleport back to the menu, in Civ VI it's when a turn ends, and in The Ascent it's been when some event is triggered, like a cutscene or changing locations.In the event viewer there doesn't seem to be any

:)

AdnanNalic, Dec 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 reboot Freezes on the ASUS logo with the loading circle.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Does the computer freezes for long time, more than 10min?
    This issue may occur, due to the Display driver’s corruption. Since you are able to get into the Desktop screen I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to Disconnect all he external devices connected to the computer. This is to check if the issue is conflicted to the external devices.

Also install all the Windows pending updates.

I suggest you to
    install the updates again, and restart the computer.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.

Method 2: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.

Method 3: I suggest you to
    install
    drivers, also install Windows 10 chipset drivers from the same link and check.

I suggest you to go to the motherboard manufacturer website and download/install all the devices driver.

X99-DELUXE - Support

Also, install the updated graphic driver from the manufacturer website.

STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 - Support

Since the computer freezes while booting and as it take too long time to boot to desktop screen, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Method 4:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Game freezes or comp reboots in WoT win 10 pro build 10586

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Game freezes or comp reboots in", is the freezing issue occurring while playing game or in other situations also?
    • Is the issue particular to a game or with all the games?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run System File Checker on the computer and also try to reinstall the game in compatibility mode.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform a System File Checker of the Computer and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Then type ”sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the game in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the game setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on freezing issue while playing game and computer reboots automatically, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 4, 2021
  4. PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot

PC freezes during games or startup

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It must be difficult when things do not work as expected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message when the computer freezes?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Is the issue specific when playing games?
    This issue may arise due to:

• Driver or application conflicts.
    • Hardware failure.
    • Virus attack.
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstall the display, graphic and check if it helps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device
    Manager”.

2. In the list of devices, you should see the Display Drivers.

3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

In some computer you may also see graphic drivers installed additionally, in that case, I suggest you to uninstall them by following the same steps provided above. Do the same for the other drivers mentioned in the post.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot

1. PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot - Similar Threads - freezes during load

2. PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming: GPU: GIGABYTE RX7800XT - Driver 23.10.01.10CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x - Chipset 5.08.02.027Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 - BIOS P4.90RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold 750 W 80+ GoldOS: Windows 11 Pro - 10.0.22631 Build...
  3. PC reboots during heavy gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  4. PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot: Hi everyone,I've had this issues for a few weeks now. Every time I play a video game now, after a while could be ten minutes, could be two hours, my PC will freeze, and I have to do a hard reboot, and then it'll freeze again right after I've logged into Windows. It usually...
  5. PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes during load times in games, and then during startup after reboot: Hi everyone,I've had this issues for a few weeks now. Every time I play a video game now, after a while could be ten minutes, could be two hours, my PC will freeze, and I have to do a hard reboot, and then it'll freeze again right after I've logged into Windows. It usually...
  6. pc freeze during and after the startup

in Windows 10 Support
    pc freeze during and after the startup: it start around 4 days ago, when i boot my pc in the morning it freeze after 3-5 mins.i can't move mouse or hear anything then i have to force shutdown and reboot . after rebooting it freeze again but this time it freeze right after i enter my password . so i force shutdown...
  7. PC freezes during/after playing a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezes during/after playing a game: I have an i5-9400F cpu and gtx 1660 gpu. When I am playing, or most of the time a couple minutes after I stop playing, the PC freezes and I have to forcefully restart it. I wonder if this is because I have different brands of ram installed. This only happens after I installed...
  8. PC micro-freezing during or after gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC micro-freezing during or after gaming: I need helping diagnsing a freezing problem with my PC. This only seems to happen during or just after playing Left4Dead2. My PC will start to freeze completely for a quarter to one second at a time, every 1-5 seconds or so... the mouse cursor will block and completely stop...
  9. PC micro-freezing during or after gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    PC micro-freezing during or after gaming: I need helping diagnsing a freezing problem with my PC. This only seems to happen during or just after playing Left4Dead2. My PC will start to freeze completely for a quarter to one second at a time, every 1-5 seconds or so... the mouse cursor will block and completely stop...
  10. PC Freezes during Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes during Gaming: Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20...