Windows 10: PC freezes during updates.

Discus and support PC freezes during updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have read all the emails sent about this and the main point I want to make is this - the screen goes blank when the upgrade starts and there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TerriHarris1, Oct 5, 2019.

1. PC freezes during updates.

I have read all the emails sent about this and the main point I want to make is this - the screen goes blank when the upgrade starts and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do - I cannot power the PC off as the on/off switch does NOTHING and I cannot use ctrl alt delete to reboot so I just have to twiddle my thumbs for over 5 hours sometimes until the PC decides to come to life again.

Like so many Microsoft users I am sick to death of this farce and all the high faluting remedies in the world do NOT and NEVER will solve this stupid situation. Get real Microsoft.

:)

TerriHarris1, Oct 5, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Oct 5, 2019
  3. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

PC freezes during updates.

Windows Creator Update Freezes Some Programs when typing

Thanks for the reply. Since the Creator's Update is giving you some issues, we suggest reverting back to the previous update. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, then Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back section.

Once done, it will restart your PC. After the restart, please do check if you'll still experience freeze moments on any programs you are working on.

We're looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

PC freezes during updates.

1. PC freezes during updates. - Similar Threads - freezes during updates

2. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  3. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  4. pc freeze during and after the startup

in Windows 10 Support
    pc freeze during and after the startup: it start around 4 days ago, when i boot my pc in the morning it freeze after 3-5 mins.i can't move mouse or hear anything then i have to force shutdown and reboot . after rebooting it freeze again but this time it freeze right after i enter my password . so i force shutdown...
  5. Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update: Hello. Every time I attempt to update my new gaming PC, this is the order of events: 1. The update reaches 30%. 2. The PC goes ahead with the restart. 3. The PC starts but freezes at the bootup, and I can't get to BIOS. 4. I get mad. 5. Remove every USB device I...
  6. Computer freezes during update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes during update: I just reinstall my system and I install windows 10 (1809) During the automatic update (to 1909) my computer just freezes. I can't even restart it because it freezes during the loading. All I can do is to run troubleshooting options and run in safe mode. The problem is that I...
  7. windows freezing during update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows freezing during update: the last windows update did not totally load. It stopped at 35%. My surface pro is now stuck and will not boot properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-freezing-during-update/1ab35f6b-2164-44ee-9f87-9bef3b370894
  8. Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update: My computer is Windows 10 64 bit Intel core i7 processor 2600 Nvidia GeForce GTX560Ti 1280 MB 128 GB solid state drive + 2 TB Hard drive I've tried restarting multiple times. It keeps freezing. I attempted a recovery but it wouldn't work. Attempted to run CMD...
  9. PC Freezes during Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes during Gaming: Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20...
  10. PC freezes during start up

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes during start up: At start up, my PC freezes at the pre log on page - the screen before, and which would normally lead to, the password entry / log on screen - It shows mail accounts being updated and the digital clock display operates, but PC does not respond to any input other than to power...