Windows 10: pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset windows 10

Discus and support pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset in windows 10 all updates are in place, when resetting it seems very slow when it get to restarting approx. 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeffreykrzok, Jan 17, 2020.

1. pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset windows 10

pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset in windows 10 all updates are in place, when resetting it seems very slow when it get to restarting approx. 30 mins? it shuts down and restarts and freezes/hangs up on the choose a language page, that's as far as I have got tried several times always the same

:)

jeffreykrzok, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

4. Ahhzz Win User

pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset windows 10

1. pc freezes/hangs up when trying to reset windows 10 - Similar Threads - freezes hangs trying

2. Pc keeps freezing / Hanging up / Blue Screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc keeps freezing / Hanging up / Blue Screening: Hello , my pc that I've had for about 6 months has been freezing and getting blue screen's. This usually happens when I first boot into windows, or when I'm watching YouTube, listening to music , or just using a small program. I usually have to have one of my games open in...
  3. windows 10 hanging and freezing when booted up

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 hanging and freezing when booted up: i am a user windows 10 but whenever i start it by entering the login password the window keeps hanging again and again the start menu does not respond and "this pc" takes at least 20 seconds to open please tell a solution to my problem : : the windows is up to date it is not...
  4. Pc Hang on resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc Hang on resetting windows 10: Hi this is Arjun, Actually my pc getting hang more times. So i reset my pc with the option of remove everything and reset. Then after few hour its came resetting upto 99%, then strucked here and not moving to forther process. What can i do. Can you help with this..?...
  5. PC Freeze/ Hang up

PC Freeze/ Hang up: I've been trying to figure this one out for going on a few years now and I feel like i'm close to a possible cause. What has started all of this was my PC kept getting stuck at the 30% Windows update mark. Still haven't been able to update yet. I am forced to hard boot when...
  6. Windows 10 freeze, system hang up

Windows 10 freeze, system hang up: Hello there, I've got a brand new, whole computer bought in the past week, and I have some weird crahes one in a while. It happens mostly 2-3 times a week, and pretty annoying. Once it happened when I started a game, then it happened when I used Alt + Tab. I am...
  7. pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver

pc freezes when i try to reset the network driver: my wifi connection frequently breaks. While internet, my laptop does not receive internet and says no internet. I tried various ways to resolve it by troubleshooting network, resetting network, adapter reinstall, restart, etc. but all gave me a failure. also, one thing was...
  8. Windows 10: PC Freezing / Hanging everywhere.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: PC Freezing / Hanging everywhere.: Hello, I've been getting PC freezes on and off for about a month now. This first started when I playing Division 2, my game would freeze and completely lock up my computer. I wouldn't be able to Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del, or anything and had to manually restart my PC in order to...
  9. PC freezes when trying to install Windows 10

PC freezes when trying to install Windows 10: I put Windows Media Creation tool on my USB and made my PC boot up using that. It froze on the Windows loading animation on my BIOS splash screen. I'm trying to re-install Windows after I discovered that my SSD may of stopped working, so I took it out and my hard drive (which...
  10. Windows Installer hanging up when trying to install Quicken

Windows Installer hanging up when trying to install Quicken: I recently purchased an upgrade to Quicken. When I try to install it, the Quicken Install Wizard gets to the Not Responding status almost immediately. I've tried a number of items, but always get to the same result. 1. I've disabled off the anti-virus software before...