Windows 10: PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...

Discus and support PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When im playing heavy games like RDR2, COD, M&B Bannerlord, after about 45 min to an hour my pc freezes completely, by this I mean the sound turns off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rafael Lourenço1, Nov 22, 2023.

1. PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...

When im playing heavy games like RDR2, COD, M&B Bannerlord, after about 45 min to an hour my pc freezes completely, by this I mean the sound turns off, the monitor goes to sleep, the peripherals are still on but don't work and i have to press the power button.If I check the event viewer it just says that Windows shut down unexpectedly.This started happening after i switched my GPU to an RX 6800 XT, i also had to switch the power supply to meet the requirements i got an 850 W.Temps are decent, GPU doesn't go over 60º and the CPU doesn't go over 80º.Monitor settings are to never turn off too

:)

Rafael Lourenço1, Nov 22, 2023
  2. JamesTI Win User

When putting PC to sleep, sometimes it will freeze

Version 10.0.19043.1348 (but happened in previous builds too). I put my desktop PC to sleep. Normally it works fine, and resumes fine when I turn it on again. But sometimes it will turn off the monitors, but not turn off the fans etc, and the computer will be frozen - meaning CTRL-ALT-DEL or anything will turn on the monitors again. The fans run fairly loud, indicating high CPU usage too. I suspect what really happens is it goes to sleep, but resumes by itself for some reason and freezes while resuming, because last time it happened I can see in event viewer:
    • 00:22:24: The system is entering sleep. Sleep Reason: Application API
    • 00:22:29: The system has resumed from sleep.
    No events after that one. I suspect it also sometimes goes to sleep like normally, but resumes by itself and freezes in the middle of the night, because I've found the PC on in the frozen state in the morning a few times, while I was fairly sure it did successfully go to sleep while I left it at night. Anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

JamesTI, Nov 22, 2023
  3. heimdal Win User
    Sleep instead of Shutdown

I have a desktop computer running Windows 10. It has been working with no problems.

Recently it stopped shutting down. When shutdown is selected, it appears to shutdown, the monitor reports the video signal is lost and the lights go off on the PC.

However it you touch the keyboard it start back up again and goes straight into the desktop.

I have checked the configuration and the sleep is disabled and the power button appears to be configured correctly.

It doesn't appear to relate to any processing still running.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

heimdal, Nov 22, 2023
  4. PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...

Laptop freezes, have to force shutdown.

Original title: my laptop wont shutdown.

I go through the process and it freezes so i have to a force shutdown, even if try to put it sleep

CarolWringe, Nov 22, 2023
Thema:

PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...

1. PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via... - Similar Threads - Freezes monitor goes

2. PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...: When im playing heavy games like RDR2, COD, M&B Bannerlord, after about 45 min to an hour my pc freezes completely, by this I mean the sound turns off, the monitor goes to sleep, the peripherals are still on but don't work and i have to press the power button.If I check the...
  3. Pc on and running & monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc on and running & monitor goes black: i was on a game and all the sudden my screen goes black and monitor says no signal going into power saving mode but the pc is still on and keyboard and mouse still on as well. when i turn off pc and turn back on my screen stays stretched like the resolution will be messed up...
  4. Pc on and running & monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc on and running & monitor goes black: i was on a game and all the sudden my screen goes black and monitor says no signal going into power saving mode but the pc is still on and keyboard and mouse still on as well. when i turn off pc and turn back on my screen stays stretched like the resolution will be messed up...
  5. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  6. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  7. Screen goes black but PC still running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black but PC still running.: i have an issue, My Computer just random starts getting blackscreens but is still running, it happens in all cases. While i do nothing, While playing a Game, While watching youtube ect. No overheating problem and CPU or GPU are never close to 100%, same with RAM. Problem is...
  8. Screen goes black but PC still running.

Screen goes black but PC still running.: i have an issue, My Computer just random starts getting blackscreens but is still running, it happens in all cases. While i do nothing, While playing a Game, While watching youtube ect. No overheating problem and CPU or GPU are never close to 100%, same with RAM. Problem is...
  9. Screen goes black but PC still running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC still running after shutdown: Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Occasionally on shutdown my pc is still running with lights and power still going. My monitor switches off properly. I did read that fast boot does sometimes cause these issues but since this is an intermittent...