Windows 10: PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware...

Discus and support PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has been freezing and crashing very often these past few weeks that the mouse and keyboard are not responding, forcing me to force shutdown by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by angeIa_, Oct 13, 2020.

1. angeIa_ Win User

PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware...

My PC has been freezing and crashing very often these past few weeks that the mouse and keyboard are not responding, forcing me to force shutdown by pressing the power button on the CPU to turn it off. Sometimes it freezes on the page/site I am currently working on, sometimes the monitor turns all white or black. It freezes randomly - I'm not even playing a game.

I have checked the reliability history and I found 5 Hardware Problems

I don't know what info I need to include but here so please let me know if there's anything important I have missed:

Reliability Monitor:
    There were 5 Critical Events labelled Hardware error. And several "Windows was not properly shut down errors.

Hardware error: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    this ^^ was shown two times

Code: 1a1

Code: 141
    shown two times again

I have also uploaded the system, application, and security logs files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah3H5C7h78qdlxHPKNL8JYIwAWwo?e=xE9xzE

Thank you!

:)

angeIa_, Oct 13, 2020
  2. NcAdams Win User

WIndows 10 periodic hardware/software freeze

TL;DR: Every few minutes my computer's filesystem freezes, then the keyboard/mouse a minute later, then the screen ~5s later. When I change the power source everything goes back to normal.

FULL STORY: I have a new Acer Nitro 515-53 running Windows 10. Soon after getting it I started having an issue where many different systems freeze one after another. It generally happens like this:

• Elements of the Windows stops responding. There is no response when I try to open Windows search, the start menu, apps from the taskbar, etc.
    • 30sec to several minutes afterward, the keyboard and mouse stop responding (but the screen still works).
    • 5-10sec after that, the screen freezes.

The weirdest part: This is all fixed immediately if I change the power source (EITHER unplug it OR plug it in). When the power changes, it's as though all the commands I entered during the freeze get entered at once -- the mouse scurries around the screen, Windows search opens and closes, all my key inputs suddenly get entered.

It's getting pretty unbearable because at its worst this happens about once a minute. However, it sometimes stops for hours or days. (For some reason it's never happened to me while gaming, in case that matters.) I can't for the life of me find anything similar online, so I'm looking for any next steps you suggest

NcAdams, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Keyboard and Mouse staying on after shutdown?

After you do a shutdown and your computer turns off you still have power to the keyboard and mouse ?

I've never seen a PS/2 k&m still have power after a shutdown.

What keyboard and mouse are you using?

Kreij, Oct 13, 2020
  4. PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware...

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware...

1. PC freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond. Needed to force shutdown. Multiple Hardware... - Similar Threads - freezes Mouse keyboard

2. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  3. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  4. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  5. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  6. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Need help with a fault that freezes, eventually needing to force shutdown, my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with a fault that freezes, eventually needing to force shutdown, my laptop.: My laptop has been freezing ,eventually needs to be force shut-downed, several times a day, at random interval, for almost 3 weeks now. I am desperately in need of help. Checked my event viewer and I noticed that right before I force shutdown my laptop an application error...
  8. Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown: From yesterday, my laptop has been freezing at any random moment and I am having to force the laptop to shut down by pressing the power button. Whenever this happens I have noticed that the light on the laptop that shows disk activity goes completely off. (I have attached an...
  9. Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond: I can move mouse and keyboard in other settings like if I plug in a bootable USB. But when I am at the screen to enter the password it isn't responding. I tried to get my laptop into safe mode, same issue submitted by /u/a-lolololololololol [link] [comments]...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...