Windows 10: PC freezes, no display activity ,no mouse or keyboard functions work after idle for awhile....

Discus and support PC freezes, no display activity ,no mouse or keyboard functions work after idle for awhile.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows installed on SSD SATA 480GB sometimes I get blue screens "Caused By : amdppm.sys" Stop code : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Khat1B, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Khat1B Win User

PC freezes, no display activity ,no mouse or keyboard functions work after idle for awhile....

Windows installed on SSD SATA 480GB
    sometimes I get blue screens "Caused By : amdppm.sys"

Stop code :

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Or

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

:)

Khat1B, Nov 23, 2020
  2. LyndaC.1 Win User

PC freezes, no mouse or keyboard functions work after idle for awhile. What could be wrong?

3 month old Dell with SSD and HDD drive, Windows 10, freezes after a short time of being idle.

It wakes up enough so I can see my home screen view, but my wireless mouse nor my wireless keyboard can type or click anywhere.

I tried plugging in a 'corded' mouse.......no go.

NOTE* It has done this only 3 times, so hard to recreate.

Suggestions?

thank you!

LyndaC.1, Nov 23, 2020
  3. BrentChun Win User
    Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.

As long as I am working, and there is mouse and/or keyboard activity, everything is 100% stable and functional and I can continue working indefinitely. If I allow the machine to stand idle for some minutes (usually under 5), with no programs running, I
    get a total freeze, with unresponsive mouse and keyboard.

BrentChun, Nov 23, 2020
  4. PC freezes, no display activity ,no mouse or keyboard functions work after idle for awhile....

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

PC freezes, no display activity ,no mouse or keyboard functions work after idle for awhile....

1. PC freezes, no display activity ,no mouse or keyboard functions work after idle for awhile.... - Similar Threads - freezes display activity

2. PC WORKING but DISPLAY and KEYBOARD AND MOUSE DOESN’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC WORKING but DISPLAY and KEYBOARD AND MOUSE DOESN’t: Ok so i opened my pc to check does it have dust and i cleaned it a little bit and when i closed it and started it my display didn’t work and mouse and keyboard didn’t light up RGB Works usually and now my display and nothing works but pc works normally RAM is working and gpu...
  3. PC WORKING but DISPLAY and KEYBOARD AND MOUSE DOESN’t

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC WORKING but DISPLAY and KEYBOARD AND MOUSE DOESN’t: Ok so i opened my pc to check does it have dust and i cleaned it a little bit and when i closed it and started it my display didn’t work and mouse and keyboard didn’t light up RGB Works usually and now my display and nothing works but pc works normally RAM is working and gpu...
  4. Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile: Hello! So I have a motherboard that only supports a wired internet connection so I use an Ethernet cable. It works well most of the time, bus occasionally when I leave my computer on for a day or so without using it, the computer just seems to start having difficulties...
  5. Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile: Hello! So I have a motherboard that only supports a wired internet connection so I use an Ethernet cable. It works well most of the time, bus occasionally when I leave my computer on for a day or so without using it, the computer just seems to start having difficulties...
  6. Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile

7. After leaving my PC idle for awhile. My PC will restart.

After leaving my PC idle for awhile. My PC will restart.: For some reason. If I leave my PC idle. At some point it will restart. When not attended. But when I use my PC. It works perfectly fine. Here is what event view lists:Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 2022-05-19 5:13:50 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category:...
  8. After leaving my PC idle for awhile. My PC will restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After leaving my PC idle for awhile. My PC will restart.: For some reason. If I leave my PC idle. At some point it will restart. When not attended. But when I use my PC. It works perfectly fine. Here is what event view lists:Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 2022-05-19 5:13:50 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category:...
  9. Keyboard, mouse, and display freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, mouse, and display freezing: I have a problem when I am trying to access an app or, while in an app where the mouse pointer will freeze and then after a few seconds will begin to move according to what ever moves I had done while it was frozen. Using the buttons on the mouse will also freeze then after...
  10. Idle Mouse Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idle Mouse Freezing: Okay so while i'm typing this i have to move the mouse because if i leave it idle my laptop will freeze the cursor on my screen stops and the time and battery is frozen if i plug in my laptop it doesnt show its plugged in as charging i can't do anything other than hard shut...