Windows 10: PC freezes on Black Screen during startup & I can't get into recovery

Discus and support PC freezes on Black Screen during startup & I can't get into recovery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Last night I clicked on Shut Down and Install Updates before I left my house. I came home a few hours later and noticed the computer had frozen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 21brad17, Oct 28, 2016.

1. 21brad17 Win User

PC freezes on Black Screen during startup & I can't get into recovery

Hi,

Last night I clicked on Shut Down and Install Updates before I left my house. I came home a few hours later and noticed the computer had frozen on the Shut Down screen. I then held down the power button in order to shut it down. When I turned it on after, it booted up and made it past the starting Windows logo with the dotted spinning circle below it. Following that there is another dotted spinning circle but it looks a little "choppier" that the previous one (almost like a lower frame rate). After that, it freezes on a black screen. I tried to get into the recovery options, but when I get to the Recovery screen it freezes there and I can't click on anything, let alone see my cursor. I am stumped at what to do, so if anyone has any options/solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

:)

21brad17, Oct 28, 2016

2. screen display problem

I can't cut call because the screen gets black when I call anyone.how I keep in screen during calling...I can't cut call because the screen gets black when I call anyone.how I keep in screen during calling...I can't cut call because the screen gets black
    when I call anyone.how I keep in screen during calling...

SalmaUmme Sweeti, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Continuous Freezing at the Lock Screen on Windows 10

Here is the background of the situation...

I simply was watching a video then BAM! The screen freezes up and turned into a black screen
    (still bright like a startup black screen) but i can
    still hear audio from the video in the background
    . So i decided to restart the computer
    but on the lock screen, during the process of entering my password, the computer froze again!

I have tried restarting my computer many, many times but all leads to the same result of a freeze on the startup page (at random times to. Sometimes it freezes before i enter my password or during the welcome loading logo).

Currently I'm in Safe Mode and have had no problems with freezing screens at sign in, but
    converting back to regular start up just gives me the same problem again!

Can someone please help me? It would be tremendously appreciated!

(NP: This is the new anniversary edition of Windows 10)

NathanielCassim, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

PC freezes on Black Screen during startup & I can't get into recovery

1. PC freezes on Black Screen during startup & I can't get into recovery - Similar Threads - freezes Black Screen

2. Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup: Hello All the expart , i hope i ll get the proper solution here kindly someone help me out . My problem is : 15 days back i have purchased a new desktop and its home assembled from the shop they have installled windows 11 . Since i bring that setup in my home that computer...
  3. Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup: Hello All the expart , i hope i ll get the proper solution here kindly someone help me out . My problem is : 15 days back i have purchased a new desktop and its home assembled from the shop they have installled windows 11 . Since i bring that setup in my home that computer...
  4. Always getting a black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always getting a black screen at startup: Every time i turn on my computer i see windows 10 logon page, then i type in my password and a black screen comes in, where i can only see my cursor. This wouldn't be a huge issue if it happened once in a while but this happens every time i try to use my computer, i always...
  5. pc freeze during and after the startup

in Windows 10 Support
    pc freeze during and after the startup: it start around 4 days ago, when i boot my pc in the morning it freeze after 3-5 mins.i can't move mouse or hear anything then i have to force shutdown and reboot . after rebooting it freeze again but this time it freeze right after i enter my password . so i force shutdown...
  6. PC Freezing and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing and black screen: So, i've been getting these problems kinda alot these days, it started like 3 weeks ago when i had my online school, so basically anytime i launch a game, and also sometimes when i just start my computer, the screen freezes. After waiting like 20 seconds the screen goes...
  7. Can't get out of initial recovery startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get out of initial recovery startup: The exact text is: Recovery Your PC couldn't start properly After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired Error code: 0xc0000001 You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media like a...
  8. Infinite Black Screen during Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Black Screen during Startup: Hi, I have a custom built computer than i installed myself, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H. Upon starting up I can press the following buttons: Del: BIOS startup/Q-Flash F9: System Information F12: Boot Menu End: Q-Flash Yesterday i moved my computer...
  9. Black screen during system recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen during system recovery: I tried doing a system recovery this mornin on my hp omen15-ax250wm after the necessary prepartions i pressed continue to progrees with the recovery the sytem switched of and it has been on a black scrren since then, i switced it in and off it still goes back to the black...
  10. HD3000+ATI 6490M black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HD3000+ATI 6490M black screen during startup: The boot sequence takes too long (black screen during startup for almost 1 min). It seems there is an issue with the switching between these two boards. Is there any way to keep a low power consumption, keeping the option to use both cards and remove the long black screen ?...