Windows 10: pc freezes on bootup, any alternatives besides reinstalling?

Discus and support pc freezes on bootup, any alternatives besides reinstalling? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello! ive recently been dealing with some problems with my pc. when i boot it up, it gets to the loading circle bar and eventually freezes, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShadyLitten, Aug 22, 2019.

1. pc freezes on bootup, any alternatives besides reinstalling?

hello!

ive recently been dealing with some problems with my pc. when i boot it up, it gets to the loading circle bar and eventually freezes, and occasionally gives me a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod or something like that. this also happened a couple months ago, and i ended up having to completely reinstall windows. i transfered about 10 folders off my hard drive but thats it.

none of the recovery options work, with them all giving me errors. the only thing i thought could be causing this was the new memory i put in my pc, but that also gave me a bsod with the error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".

ive also tried booting into safe mode which does work. ive done sfc /scannow which says i have corrupted system files however when i restart my pc freezes. also did a malwarebytes scan but that said i was good.

is there something on my pc failing? or are there any other things i can try? i really dont want to wipe my pc again.

thank you for taking time to look at this pc freezes on bootup, any alternatives besides reinstalling? :)

-charley

:)

ShadyLitten, Aug 22, 2019

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Aug 22, 2019
  3. After successfully installing Anniversary Update, Windows 10 freezes up within a minute of bootup

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What exactly happens when the system freeze. Did you receive any error message?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you perform ant troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to put the computer in Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue still persists, run the maintenance troubleshooter.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.
    • Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.
    • Now Run maintenance task under System and security.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

pc freezes on bootup, any alternatives besides reinstalling?

Windows 10 keeps freezing on my PC.

Hi,

Corrupted system files may be the possible reason why your computer keeps freezing. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from reinstalling Windows and updating drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to improve your computer performance in Windows 10. You may expand
    Check memory and memory usage
    to find out how much memory you have and how much of it is currently being used. Also, try to scan and restore corrupted system files by expanding
    Check for corrupted Windows system files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

pc freezes on bootup, any alternatives besides reinstalling?

1. pc freezes on bootup, any alternatives besides reinstalling? - Similar Threads - freezes bootup alternatives

2. Is there any alternative of ChatGPT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any alternative of ChatGPT?: Are there any substitutes for ChatGPT that can be used in educational institutions such as schools, colleges, and universities?* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Is there any alternative of ChatGPT?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any alternative of ChatGPT?: Are there any substitutes for ChatGPT that can be used in educational institutions such as schools, colleges, and universities?* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Any alternative of system restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any alternative of system restore?: I have an Asus fx505dy laptop. I ran some scripts months ago with admin privileges. It had a lot of side-effects like slow boot-up, removed many apps I need. Is there any way I can restore my laptop's state to the state when I got it? I didn't create a restore point. Can I...
  5. Is there any MozBackup alternative?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there any MozBackup alternative?: I have scoured the web and can't seem to find a reliable backup/restore tool for Firefox/Thunderbird Any suggestions? 166373
  6. Alternatives for Photo Library besides this crappy Microsoft Photos App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives for Photo Library besides this crappy Microsoft Photos App?: This photos app is straight up terrible. I've deleted and reinstalled, had the computer search for errors, restarted my computer god knows how many times and I'm just frankly sick of it. This app is **** and I was hoping there would be a better alternative for importing...
  7. Freezing on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing on bootup: I turn my computer off at night and when I turn it on the next day, it freezes and I have to hit the reset button. Then it boots up okay, but it never does after a normal shutdown. This started right after I switched to Windows 10 from 7. What are possible causes?...
  8. Are there any alternatives to the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any alternatives to the Start Menu?: I love having my icons available but recently I've clicked on Auto-Hide taskbar and positioned it on the left side of the screen. it's great having that extra clean space but it has it's issues like not always auto-hiding and staying open and when I've moved the mouse away...
  9. Random freezes + bootup issues after

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freezes + bootup issues after: Dear friends, I'm new to this forum and would like to seek help to my problem. Been experiencing random freezes, sometimes with a blue screen, sometimes green, sometimes pink even and many times just running lines on the edge of the screen when freezing. I'm not running any...
  10. any Win10 diagnostics besides DISM and SFC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    any Win10 diagnostics besides DISM and SFC?: My laptop is locking up occasionally and after running SFC and DISM, but they found no problems. I am concerned I may continue to have trouble & hope to find something that'll help me prevent future trouble. TIA -...