Windows 10: PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update

Discus and support PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was holding off updating until today when I saw that the version would be unsupported. I reboot and when I get to my lock screeb, i notice my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrewWilt, Mar 22, 2021.

1. PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update

I was holding off updating until today when I saw that the version would be unsupported. I reboot and when I get to my lock screeb, i notice my personalization settings had been reset. I thought it was weird and kept on signing in. At the sign in screen, the PC froze up, and about 20 seconds later rebooted. Rinse and repeat 3 times and im at recovery options. I went to revert the update, although my password was “Incorrect” when i had been using it to sign in fine before. This update has potentially turned my $1000 PC into a paperweight. My specs are as follows. Gigabyte B450M-DS3H, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200 MHZ RAM 2 8gb, XFX Radeon Rx 5600 XT 6GB running Windows 10 Pro. Thanks in advance.

:)

AndrewWilt, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 22, 2021
  3. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Mar 22, 2021
  4. wt_lesny Win User

PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update

1. PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Freezes Startup 20H2

2. PC freezes After startup Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes After startup Windows 11: Calling on techs for advice on pc freezing . Today , I installed the most recent updates , restarted pc . After startup , worked fine for a few minutes, then mouse became unresponsive . Was unable to access anything , as mouse would jump and stop responding . Finally , had to...
  3. PC freezes After startup Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes After startup Windows 11: Calling on techs for advice on pc freezing . Today , I installed the most recent updates , restarted pc . After startup , worked fine for a few minutes, then mouse became unresponsive . Was unable to access anything , as mouse would jump and stop responding . Finally , had to...
  4. Pc Freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezes after startup: Hi my pc has been being weird lately. For a while it wouldn’t let me install the correct driver but a few days ago it finally seemed like everything was fine. Now, this morning I’ve tried to turn on my pc but as soon as I open a chrome tab it freezes and sends me to the bios...
  5. Pc Freezes after startup

Pc Freezes after startup: Hi my pc has been being weird lately. For a while it wouldn’t let me install the correct driver but a few days ago it finally seemed like everything was fine. Now, this morning I’ve tried to turn on my pc but as soon as I open a chrome tab it freezes and sends me to the bios...
  6. PC freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes after startup: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 on my new PC, but unfortunately after 2 days my PC freezes on startup and restarts and startup in BIOS, i cant see my NVME drive. After couple of restarts i came to Windows but after 30 seconds - 1 min it freezes again. I cant post a log...
  7. PC freezes after startup

PC freezes after startup: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 on my new PC, but unfortunately after 2 days my PC freezes on startup and restarts and startup in BIOS, i cant see my NVME drive. After couple of restarts i came to Windows but after 30 seconds - 1 min it freezes again. I cant post a log...
  8. pc freeze during and after the startup

in Windows 10 Support
    pc freeze during and after the startup: it start around 4 days ago, when i boot my pc in the morning it freeze after 3-5 mins.i can't move mouse or hear anything then i have to force shutdown and reboot . after rebooting it freeze again but this time it freeze right after i enter my password . so i force shutdown...
  9. Just the screen freezing after the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just the screen freezing after the 20H2 update: So my screen freezes occasionally, but its just the screen and nothing else. The sound works just fine, and everything on the background runs while the screen is frozen. I can also just press the power button once to quickly enter the log in screen and come back, which...
  10. Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update.: After the update, everything went well for a couple of days. Then, after booting and automatic updates, it freezes on login. It allows me to enter a password, but nothing after that. You cannot click the arrow to continue. I am not sure what to do It was fine until it was...